T Nation

Anyone Tried Holosync (Meditation Programme)

Just wondering if anyone has tried it

http://www.centerpointe.com/

Some of the supposed benefits;

»

Profoundly deep meditationâ?¦
»

Dramatic increases in the production of a whole variety of beneficial brain chemicals, including pleasure-causing endorphinsâ??as well as a number of others proven to slow aging and increase longevity and well-beingâ?¦
»

The release and falling away of dysfunctional mental and emotional patterns (such as anger, fear, anxiety, depression, sadness, substance abuse, self limitations, etc.)â??even those that have stubbornly resisted other methodsâ?¦
»

Increased learning ability, enhanced creativity, greater intuition, improved focus and concentrationâ??and (even more amazing) greatly increased personal self- awareness (scientists call this combination "whole brain functioning")â?¦
»

Dramatically lower stress levels, and an increased ability to deal with whatever comes at you from the world, calmly and clearly. You become more relaxed, less anxious, more centered, more peaceful, and more connected to othersâ?¦
»

Achievement becomes easier, and without the same feelings of anxiety and stress. Taking the risks necessary for success doesn't seem so scary anymore. Good things begin to just "happen" in such a way they almost seem to fall right into your lapâ?¦
»

The need for sleep decreases, yet aliveness, vitality and energy increase!

its a cd that helps you meditate?

All I know about Holosync is that it is horribly expensive. Google Jeffrey Thompson. His CDs are basically the same thing and are reasonably priced.

I’m pretty stressed out all the time, so I wanted to meditate 30 min a day for the health benefits but I could never stick with it. Listening to the CDs made it much easier. In that sense, yes they do work. As far as all the lofty claims made about these types of CDs and meditation, I’m not sold on it.

[quote]spyoptic wrote:
its a cd that helps you meditate?[/quote]

Yes, all you have to do is listen to it.

[quote]shibalnom wrote:
All I know about Holosync is that it is horribly expensive. Google Jeffrey Thompson. His CDs are basically the same thing and are reasonably priced.

I’m pretty stressed out all the time, so I wanted to meditate 30 min a day for the health benefits but I could never stick with it. Listening to the CDs made it much easier. In that sense, yes they do work. As far as all the lofty claims made about these types of CDs and meditation, I’m not sold on it.[/quote]

I’m trying to send you a pm but its not working lol.

So do you recommend jeffreys cd’s bcoz I was going to get Holosync but it would take the soul of my finances for a few months!

What other benefits did you get from it? Thanks

You could always torrent or download the CD… O_o

ahem

[quote]MMA101 wrote:
spyoptic wrote:
its a cd that helps you meditate?

Yes, all you have to do is listen to it. [/quote]

Sounds easy - BUT I got their free CD and it doesn’t even read on my computer… durrrr

If they want me to buy something, maybe their fucking sample should work.

[quote]MMA101 wrote:
So do you recommend jeffreys cd’s bcoz I was going to get Holosync but it would take the soul of my finances for a few months!

What other benefits did you get from it? Thanks[/quote]

There are a lot of products out there like Holosync. I don’t like Holosync because it has “levels” and each level is ridiculously expensive. Each level is purported to take you into deeper levels of meditation.

You pay whatever exorbitant fee for the first level and then after some time you move on to the next “level” and pay another exorbitant fee. This continues for who knows how long.

My guess is that the different flavors of Thompson’s CDs (e.g., “Theta Meditation System”, “Gamme Meditation System”) are similar to the different levels of Holosync. I only mentioned Thompson’s CDs because those are the only ones I ever listened to and I think they help me meditate.

I’ve also heard of Hemi-Sync; I don’t know anything about it. Like someone else mentioned you can download most of this stuff from torrent sites to “preview” them.

The science behind the CDs (brainwave entrainment) is lacking in my opinion, but meditation and its benefits has some good science behind it. Personally, I have found the CDs to aid my meditation with the primary benefit being stress relief.

Of course, by reducing stress you get lots of nice benefits like improved mood, less anxiety, better focus, etc. I listen to the “Awakened Mind” track when I study and I think it helps. Not scientific at all, JMO. I’m very skeptical of people who claim increased creativity by tapping into the collective consciousness, out-of-body experiences, ascending to the astral plane, or whatever the hell.

Sounds like a huge waste of money.

Typical of modern society though. Instead of studying and actually working at something to achieve the result, everyone wants to game genie this shit, listen to a happy cd, and skip right to lvl. 50 monk status.

Find it on the internet for free. I have it and I have used it w/ some success. I usually did the free flow ones, before giving it up entirely for just plain old insight meditation.

I-Doser