T Nation

Anyone Tried Hemp Protein?

I am wondering, has anyone here tried it or are currently using Hemp protein supplements?

I have been reading a lot into it, they are saying it contains all essential amino acids and is much healthier than Whey.

ttt 4 Hemp!

Admit it. You just want an excuse to grow weed in your backyard and claim it has a legitimate use when the cops turn up.

Fucking hippies

I have tried it, I use it all the time. The benefits are astounding and my body is proof. I’m not going to plug which brands I buy, but you want to keep it refrigerated. I make my own hemp milk from the seeds. Whey has it’s place, but once you switch to hemp you are going wonder how you’ve gotten along without it. Personally, I think Whey is way, yes way way overrated.

Ultimate protein shake in blender:

1 teaspoon brewers yeast
3 tablespoons hemp protein
1 banana
1 cup fresh strawberries
2 cups water or lowfat milk.
1 teaspoon milk thistle ground in coffee grinder (for liver detox) but I like the flavor.

I usually take this shake about 1.5-2 hours before my workout. After my workout, I have a whey shake for convenience if I can’t get to any solid food. Keep in mind it’s good to avail yourself to other protein sources and hemp is one of them.

[quote]-SuperMan- wrote:
I have tried it, I use it all the time. The benefits are astounding and my body is proof. I’m not going to plug which brands I buy, but you want to keep it refrigerated. I make my own hemp milk from the seeds. Whey has it’s place, but once you switch to hemp you are going wonder how you’ve gotten along without it. Personally, I think Whey is way, yes way way overrated.

1 teaspoon brewers yeast
1 banana
1 cup fresh strawberries
1 teaspoon milk thistle ground in coffee grinder (for liver detox) but I like the flavor.
[/quote]

Do you have proof of this body of yours? Also, even if you are incredibly jacked, how do you know that it can be attributed to hemp protein alone?

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
-SuperMan- wrote:
I have tried it, I use it all the time. The benefits are astounding and my body is proof. I’m not going to plug which brands I buy, but you want to keep it refrigerated. I make my own hemp milk from the seeds. Whey has it’s place, but once you try hemp protein you are going wonder how you’ve gotten along without it. Personally, I think Whey is way, yes way way overrated.

1 teaspoon brewers yeast
1 banana
1 cup fresh strawberries

Do you have proof of this body of yours? Also, even if you are incredibly jacked, how do you know that it can be attributed to hemp protein alone?
[/quote]

Do you have proof the Whey is better or a sole contributing factor?.. I don’t have proof that the hemp is the sole contributing factor, I just like to have different protein sources, it is also packed with fiber and oils that Whey does not have. Everyone is different, I’m just saying it’s worth a try. It’s better than most of the processed crap that’s out there. I would say that brewers yeast with fish makes me look more jacked than any other sole supplement and hell yes I have proof of that!!!..

[quote]-SuperMan- wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
-SuperMan- wrote:
I have tried it, I use it all the time. The benefits are astounding and my body is proof. I’m not going to plug which brands I buy, but you want to keep it refrigerated. I make my own hemp milk from the seeds. Whey has it’s place, but once you try hemp protein you are going wonder how you’ve gotten along without it. Personally, I think Whey is way, yes way way overrated.

1 teaspoon brewers yeast
1 banana
1 cup fresh strawberries

Do you have proof the Whey is better or a sole contributing factor?.. I don’t have proof that the hemp is the sole contributing factor, I just like to have different protein sources, it is also packed with fiber and oils that Whey does not have. Everyone is different, I’m just saying it’s worth a try. It’s better than most of the processed crap that’s out there. I would say that brewers yeast with fish makes me look more jacked than any other sole supplement and hell yes I have proof of that!!!..[/quote]

I didn’t say whey was better, also you can’t have a sole contributing factor- it would be the only factor hence “sole”.

Mostly I use whey for extra protein, or around the workout. So yes, whey is “better” in that it doesn’t have fat in it, so it will be absorbed faster around your workout.

Okay, where’s your proof that brewer’s yeast with fish makes you look jacked?

I have tried hemp and liked it; however, I do not use it regularly because it is expensive.

Where I get my whey I can get it for about 5.20/lb.

For 25g of protein per serving (30g).

The hemp protein is 10.44/lb.

For 15g of protein per serving (30g).

So for roughly twice the cost I can get 10g less protein per serving.

…pass.

not a huge fan of hemp shakes…tried em and didn’t think they were worth the $$$

But…

I eat 2 slices almost everyday for breakfast of this stuff!!

http://www.frenchmeadow.com/products/vmchk/breads-rolls/hemp-bread

Hemp Bread is awesome!!

I use 2 slices toasted with almond butter along with all my other shit I eat for breakfast.

give it a go. its sooo damn good with the almond butter or cashew butter!!

mixes about as well as 1 cup of sand in 12 oz of water. tastes horrible.

I tried it and its not good for me. I get progressive vegan protein and no diareaha or stomach problems which is what I got from almost all the protein powders out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld8eKY0VRZk

i watched a documentary on the legalization of cannibus called The Union: The business behind getting high, it was actually quite informative. Hemp protein would be much cheaper if it werent illegal to grow in US. This is coming from a guy who has ZERO desire to smoke marijuana, I simply feel the benefits of legalization strongly outweight any potential negatives.

George Washington was quoted saying that hemp should be planted everywhere. it was one of his most valuable crops. fact.

to the point though with the effective cost twice that of whey i doubt i will get around to trying it.

I enjoy hempmilk when it’s on sale…

I use it off and on. It tastes like you scraped it off your lawn mower deck but it’s supposed to be good for you. It’s high fiber is the reason I started using it.