Anyone Tried Dark Matter?

Sorry if this has been covered, but I searched and couldn’t find anything. Someone recently recommended MHP Dark Matter to me and I was wondering if anyone’s had any positive experience with it?

Just had a quick look - some carbs and some aminos? Why not just get some SWOF for carbs pre/para training? and maybe some SR for before as well, or after if you still want PWO carbs / protein?

I suppose more specifically, what benefits were you looking for? Why were you going to take it?

[quote]SRT08 wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered, but I searched and couldn’t find anything. Someone recently recommended MHP Dark Matter to me and I was wondering if anyone’s had any positive experience with it? [/quote]

As far as post-workout shakes go, it’s fine. Throws its lot on waxymaize as its carb source, for which the jury is still out. Opts for pure amino acids rather than whey for its protein, which is why there’s only 12 grams worth (theory being you need less total grams of amino acids to do the same job as a whey isolate), creatine from a variety of sources. That’s about it.

I’ve used it without ill-effect. Fruit punch tastes alright. I believe the product performs as advertised.

That being said, I don’t like that the creatine is various types – monohydrate is the proven effective and safe form, and I think all supplements should use Creapure sourced creatine only.

Waxymaize might be good or it might be overpriced and no better than dextrose/maltodextrin.

I’d rather see a more complete amino profile, or simply a large amount of essential amino acids, or just a high quality whey isolate; might be the limits of my knowledge, but DM’s amino profile seems haphazard to me.

In short, though, it’s a fairly basic and likely effective post workout formula I have used and had no problems with, but I wouldn’t cross the ends of the earth for it either.

Happy to submit to higher wisdom should anyone post it.

Actually, I was checking out SWOF and had mentioned it to this friend of mine who began to tell me he loves this Dark Matter stuff. All the online reviews of Dark Matter and SWOF seem to rave about both, so I thought I’d try to get a more personal perspective from some folks beyond what I’ve seen so far.

I was looking at it as pre and para training. Probably splitting the dosage up or something.

Yea ive tried it as a post. Was decent, liked it better than most. But it turned into a jello like substance in your shaker bottle, not kidding either, you could fill that bitch up with water and youd be drinking some pudding. ALSO, big note, turns your shit green/blue. So dont be too freaked out at that

I like it I’m on my third bottle of the blue raspberry its good but it does get thick.I would reccomend it its got pretty much everything u need for post workout.

My buddy used that for a while he realy liked but was low on cash so started making his own mixes. He did gain some size while taking but he also worked out like an animal and ate everything in sight.b

I have tried it and it was pretty good stuff. My gains were pretty good. That being said, I believe that Surge Workout Fuel/Surge Recovery are more effective.