Anyone Tried Body of FIRE?

Has anybody tried this program? Is it good for losing fat only or would it be also suitable for martial arts?

Not familiar with the program, but just taking a quick look it seems to be a full-body circuit training plan. Not bad, but I think you could save your money by doing 5-3-1 (or any other free, proven lifting plan, there are several flavors right here on T-Nation), do some interval training on your cardio days, and eat right, and get similar if not better results.

My $.02.

I’ve been wanting to check it out. I like the articles he’s done.

I’m on week 3. It’s a total body circuit style workout. Training and nutrition is straight forward and user friendly.

Would you say it would be something good for going into camp or would you consider using it year round? How do you feel it has affected your performance?

Granted, I’m only on week 3 but my conditioning/endurance has definitely improved. I’m not a fighter though…just a gymrat using BOF. I should mention that I was in decent shape before beginnning. I just needed a program that tied everything together.

[quote]roly wrote:
Has anybody tried this program? Is it good for losing fat only or would it be also suitable for martial arts?[/quote]

I too have been using Body of F.I.R.E. Like Gymgirl said, it definitely does improve your conditioning. But I also want to throw in that the exercises contained include body weight exercises that Chad derived from training MMA fighters. So that helps in that sense. He doesn’t show you any fighting moves though…