Anyone Train Twice a Day?

I train in the mornings, 3 days a week. When I get home I don’t do too much since I work relatively late (start working out at 6:30 am and don’t usually get out of work until around 4:30pm), aside from working on some personal projects and maybe taking a walk outside.

I was toying around with the idea of working out in the afternoons too, whether or not it would be a good habit to get into since I enjoy working out and I could afford to lose some weight anyways. Seeing how out of shape people are at the office makes me sick as it is; I think I am the only one aside from one other guy, who also lifts regularly, that has normal posture.

Has anyone followed a program calling for morning and afternoon lifts? Are they worth pursuing for a casual lifter? I know the pros do this kind of thing, but being honest with myself my long term goal is not to set lifting records.

When I played football in high school we had 2-a-day’s and I remember getting in kick ass shape over the summer from those.

I’ve played with it in the past. The format that seemed to work best was heavy in the morning, volume at night. Same lifts.

But currently I think lifting once a day and doing bodyweight stuff throughout the day is a better idea – pushups, dips, chins, inverted rows, whatever. In a sense that’s “heavy then volume” too.

Depends on your goals and if you can eat enough to sustain the added workload. I train twice a day almost every day (except Saturday’s).

AM consists of 6 strength sessions and 1 neural charge workout.
PM consists of 3 wrestling sessions and 3 conditioning sessions and 1 off-night.

And of course if I am ever feeling tired I’ll adapt and take a day/night off or do a NC workout.

However, I would NOT recommend this considering you are posting in the beginner’s forum.

If I were you I would just up the frequency of your AM sessions before I added any PM sessions. That’s just me though…

A Howie said above -not for beginners, try out training 5 days a week first

I didn’t know leaving work at 4:30 is considered working late.

Getting in at 6:30 is a 10 hour day. Most people where I work are out at 3, since it is expect everyone is in the building as early as possible.

[quote]Evolv wrote:
I didn’t know leaving work at 4:30 is considered working late.[/quote]

I’m sure it would be if you started work at like 4-5 AM.

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]Evolv wrote:
I didn’t know leaving work at 4:30 is considered working late.[/quote]

I’m sure it would be if you started work at like 4-5 AM.[/quote]
He said he works out at 6:30 AM, so I was under the impression he probably gets to work at around 8.