Anyone Train 2 Times Per Week?

It may be the case that i have to reduce my workouts from 3 times per week to twice per week for the next month or 2.

does anyone train twice per week with any success?

can anyone recommend any parameters? Number of exericses? sets and reps? Upper body/Lower body split or full body?

cheers

Do a search in the articles for Ian King’s Big Muscles, Busy Schedules. I’m working out twice a week and I’m thinking about giving it a try.

I had to go from 4x to 2x and have kept what I had,and I’m starting to improve.Though I do an 1-1.5 hour lifting session followed with an hour of cardio and grappling.

Time-Efficient Hypertrophy

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=748700

-Kevin

I workout 2-3x a week, HIT, full body, 1 set to failure for 8-12 exercises. I make sure to hit each bodypart at LEAST once every two weeks.
I do make progress, I wouldn’t stick with this program if I didn’t. If you train intensely, you may make more progress than you thought because you will be giving your body ENOUGH time to rest for once. Good luck.

My schedule is now fairly erratic/busy, so i just try and get as much exercise as i can, when i can. the above mentioned programs are good, and also remember to do other things as well. you know, I’d read the stuff about parking a little further from work and walking, and i never thought it was that big of a deal, but know that i’m stationary for most of the day, the extra couple minute walk really helps.

when i get home from work at 2am, it’s dark and everyone’s sleeping, I don’t want to wake anybody, so i do pushups in the dark, in between brushing my teeth before bed.

do your twice a week workouts and anything else you can get in. any exercise is better than none, right?

Thanks for the responses…

How does this look? My main goal is to get big but i also like having the bench or deadlift max effort lift.

i’ve been working out since september 19th after a 16 month fitness lay off due to a round the world backpacking trip. I’ve been doing westside for skinny bastards and im 5ft9, 155lbs.

DAY 1

Bench (3RM)
BB Row 3x8
Bicep/Tricep super set
Squat 5x5
Leg Press 3x8
Abs

DAY 2

Deadlift (3RM)
SLDL 3x12
DB Press 5x5
Dips 3 sets
Lat/upperback superset (cable rows/bento over laterals)
Abs

Do you think there are enough exercises there?

You should strive to keep the weekly volume the same as when you were training more frequently (assuming you were making progress before hand).

The only way to do this training twice/week is to extend the length of your sessions.

Don’t worry about the “1 hour” rule when training only twice per week.

I prefer this one from Alwyn Cosgrove.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=843024

I do a lot of volume,or else my 2 sessions a week would be pointless.

Either add more sets or exercises.I suggest the latter

[quote]XxMAGxX wrote:
You should strive to keep the weekly volume the same as when you were training more frequently (assuming you were making progress before hand).

The only way to do this training twice/week is to extend the length of your sessions.

Don’t worry about the “1 hour” rule when training only twice per week.

[/quote]

Good advice. I train 2x a week and make good progress with both size and strength. I use a decent volume and do full body workouts. Definitely forget the one hour rule when it comes to fullbody/or 2x a week training.