Anyone Track Their Car?

Thinking about going out to Adam’s Motorsports Park and Buttonwillow next year, wondering if anyone else here enjoys performance driving?

Not that this is an opportunity for a big humble brag or anything, but what do you drive?

I have never brought my car to a track, to answer your question.

yep, used to race (amateur, club) a 92 Jetta Gli 16v, gutted, 3 angle valve job, port matched and smoothed intake and exhaust manifolds, coil overs, front and rear sway bars, upper strut mount bar, running Hankook Ventus 205/50R15 iirc.

I loved it. I worked very, very hard to learn how to drive slow cars quickly.

Edit: don’t take any of this to mean I had any talent because I didn’t. But I loved every minute of it.

I went once to a racetrack with a friend from my youth some years ago. I met him on the street, first time I saw him in years. He happened to win tickets so he invited me. He became a stoner meanwhile, already kinda was so we took some drugs before going. Place is filled with agressive dipshits, hot-dogs are 8$ each, races are dull and the air is unbreathable, it sucks.

There is the stadium with the tall stage on one side with the people on it, with a view to parking from the top of the wall which is the top of the stage. We were there while the race was going on, in our car and the only people. Someone happen to come with an helicopter, must be the owner or something, in the back of the parking, behind us in line with the stadium and about 50-100 people from the top of the stage start to cheer at the helicopter like the fucking rednecks that they are.

So we drived around, with our arms out of the window like you do when your sport team win the cup as if they were cheering for us. The crowd was torn between their desire of not cheering for us since we are indirectly making fun of them and since they don’t appreciate anything else than first degree humor and the sheer excitement of seeing an helicopter land. So yeah hello to my friend if you are reading this. Also I don’t race my car.

Not my car but I do track my bike. I really like Buttonwillow and it’s one of my favorite tracks to ride.

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
Not my car but I do track my bike. I really like Buttonwillow and it’s one of my favorite tracks to ride. [/quote]

Yeah, I heard Buttonwillow is a big favorite with track guys.

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
Not that this is an opportunity for a big humble brag or anything, but what do you drive?

I have never brought my car to a track, to answer your question.[/quote]

I bought a 16 Mustang GT PP last month, so in the realm of performance or expensive cars not impressive, but I’ve always been a big Ford/Mustang guy and I sure as hell can’t afford a GT350/GT350R lol. I specifically didn’t list it because I didn’t want this thread to be misconstrewn as a “i bought a new car look at me” thread.

I am just genuinely interested in tracking my car (never have before and wouldn’t claim to have performance driving “skill”) and was wondering if anyone else here had a passion for doing so.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
yep, used to race (amateur, club) a 92 Jetta Gli 16v, gutted, 3 angle valve job, port matched and smoothed intake and exhaust manifolds, coil overs, front and rear sway bars, upper strut mount bar, running Hankook Ventus 205/50R15 iirc.

Edit: don’t take any of this to mean I had any talent because I didn’t. But I loved every minute of it. [/quote]

Yeah, some of the funnest times in my life was briefly driving at two autocross events in supplied cars.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
I went once to a racetrack with a friend from my youth some years ago. I met him on the street, first time I saw him in years. He happened to win tickets so he invited me. He became a stoner meanwhile, already kinda was so we took some drugs before going. Place is filled with agressive dipshits, hot-dogs are 8$ each, races are dull and the air is unbreathable, it sucks.

There is the stadium with the tall stage on one side with the people on it, with a view to parking from the top of the wall which is the top of the stage. We were there while the race was going on, in our car and the only people. Someone happen to come with an helicopter, must be the owner or something, in the back of the parking, behind us in line with the stadium and about 50-100 people from the top of the stage start to cheer at the helicopter like the fucking rednecks that they are.

So we drived around, with our arms out of the window like you do when your sport team win the cup as if they were cheering for us. The crowd was torn between their desire of not cheering for us since we are indirectly making fun of them and since they don’t appreciate anything else than first degree humor and the sheer excitement of seeing an helicopter land. So yeah hello to my friend if you are reading this. Also I don’t race my car.[/quote]

This guy, never told us how it worked out

[quote]Scotto wrote:

Well played.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

Edit: don’t take any of this to mean I had any talent because I didn’t. But I loved every minute of it. [/quote]

…and I thought you only raced through construction zones…

[quote]Scotto wrote:

Yes he did, damn it. We found out she wasn’t doing anything wrong, she was just parking around the corner from her friends house.

I hope Adam is still married and stopped being such a paranoid sob.

[quote]Scotto wrote:

This is exactly what came to mind for me.

[quote]Scotto wrote:

God I love old threads. Super Saiyan was on point in that one, lol.