T Nation

Anyone that has been Following Me...

…check my diet. I think I’ve got it down. BULK.

Currently this is what it’s like.

1c Oats
2 Pieces Whole bread
Potatoes/Pasta
1 Banana
1 Energy Drink
1c Rice
2 Apples
1/2c Oats

Is that too much?

Proteins good though.

3 eggs
3oz tuna
6oz chicken
protein shake
6oz chicken
20oz milk 1tbsp natty PB (Fats I know but its my protein for this time)
1c Cottage cheese

Fats

egg yolks
omega3s
peanut butter
Olive oil
All throughout the day.

Thanks dudes.

Trying to hit 3100-3600 cals. :slight_smile:

lol isnt 3000 like cutting :stuck_out_tongue:

http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/nutrition/dieting-food-prep-for-meatheads/

[quote]blunt wrote:
lol isnt 3000 like cutting :stuck_out_tongue:

http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/nutrition/dieting-food-prep-for-meatheads/[/quote]

LULZ Not when your 185 and dont wanna’ get any fatter.

You are trying to bulk without gaining fat? You are 185 and think 3000kcals is suffiecient to bulk? Good luck with that.

[quote]Live4Deadlift wrote:
You are trying to bulk without gaining fat? You are 185 and think 3000kcals is suffiecient to bulk? Good luck with that.[/quote]

I said 3200-3600 didn’t I? :S

[quote]JP1994 wrote:

I said 3200-3600 didn’t I? :S

[/quote]

still i would go 4000-5000 Kcal if possible but thats not my experience thats from reading from others…

but if youre not pressed for time go 3200-3600 and reagulate up or down depending on results every 2 weeks ?

[quote]blunt wrote:

[quote]JP1994 wrote:

I said 3200-3600 didn’t I? :S

[/quote]

still i would go 4000-5000 Kcal if possible but thats not my experience thats from reading from others…

but if youre not pressed for time go 3200-3600 and reagulate up or down depending on results every 2 weeks ?[/quote]

4000-5000??? lol

i’m 16, bit chubby and 5"9 thats why i said low calories.

Dont make the same mistake so many of us have made: Trying to build muscle slowly to minimalism fat gain. You know what the only result will be? Minimal Muscle gain. Especially since you’re 16, youre still growing. You will need the extra calories simply for body growth.

If you ARENT taking in enough, aside from not putting on any muscle, you will also stunt your growth. So suck it up and eat more. You’ll feel better, you’ll grow more, you’ll put on more muscle, you’ll retain less fat, and you wont regret the wasted years of your lifting career down the road.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Dont make the same mistake so many of us have made: Trying to build muscle slowly to minimalism fat gain. You know what the only result will be? Minimal Muscle gain. Especially since you’re 16, youre still growing. You will need the extra calories simply for body growth. If you ARENT taking in enough, aside from not putting on any muscle, you will also stunt your growth. So suck it up and eat more. You’ll feel better, you’ll grow more, you’ll put on more muscle, you’ll retain less fat, and you wont regret the wasted years of your lifting career down the road.[/quote]

What an epic post brah.

Thanks man. Helped out good thanks man :slight_smile:

How can I bump the calories up, or is that diet enough cals???

Can you go ahead and map out a daily intake for us? I see the list you posted above, but it doesnt show us your groupings. it’ll make things easier to analyze.

Breakfast= this

snack= this

lunch= etc etc

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Dont make the same mistake so many of us have made: Trying to build muscle slowly to minimalism fat gain. You know what the only result will be? Minimal Muscle gain. Especially since you’re 16, youre still growing. You will need the extra calories simply for body growth.

If you ARENT taking in enough, aside from not putting on any muscle, you will also stunt your growth. So suck it up and eat more. You’ll feel better, you’ll grow more, you’ll put on more muscle, you’ll retain less fat, and you wont regret the wasted years of your lifting career down the road.[/quote]

Judging from Akuma’s avi, I would print out this comment and tape it to my lunch box if I had started lifting in high school at this age. Take advantage of it man, train insane and eat the same

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Dont make the same mistake so many of us have made: Trying to build muscle slowly to minimalism fat gain. You know what the only result will be? Minimal Muscle gain. Especially since you’re 16, youre still growing. You will need the extra calories simply for body growth.

If you ARENT taking in enough, aside from not putting on any muscle, you will also stunt your growth. So suck it up and eat more. You’ll feel better, you’ll grow more, you’ll put on more muscle, you’ll retain less fat, and you wont regret the wasted years of your lifting career down the road.[/quote]
Eating more will not help at all if he continues to train poorly.

This kid’s been on at least four different training “programs” over the last three months. Dude changes training routines like the Bunny Ranch changes bedsheets.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Can you go ahead and map out a daily intake for us? I see the list you posted above, but it doesnt show us your groupings. it’ll make things easier to analyze.

Breakfast= this

snack= this

lunch= etc etc[/quote]

Here…

Breakfast

1c Oats
4 eggs
Glass of Orange Juice
Glass of milk
Berries

Snack

3 Pieces wholegrain bread
6oz tuna
Apple

Lunch

6-8oz Chicken
Pasta/Potatoes/Bread
Lettuce
Cucumber

Snack PERIWO

Banana

PWO

Energy drink, gatorade etc
Reflex Mass gainer 1 serving

Dinner

1c Rice, 500g-1kg Potatoes, 8oz Pasta
250-350g beef, 6-8oz chicken, Pork tenderloins, 2-3.
Broccoli
Peas

Snack

1tbsp Peanut butter
24oz Milk

Pre bed meal

1.5c Cottage cheese
Peanut butter.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Dont make the same mistake so many of us have made: Trying to build muscle slowly to minimalism fat gain. You know what the only result will be? Minimal Muscle gain. Especially since you’re 16, youre still growing. You will need the extra calories simply for body growth.

If you ARENT taking in enough, aside from not putting on any muscle, you will also stunt your growth. So suck it up and eat more. You’ll feel better, you’ll grow more, you’ll put on more muscle, you’ll retain less fat, and you wont regret the wasted years of your lifting career down the road.[/quote]
Eating more will not help at all if he continues to train poorly.

This kid’s been on at least four different training “programs” over the last three months. Dude changes training routines like the Bunny Ranch changes bedsheets.[/quote]

Hey man, I’m on a 4 day split now. And keeping it.

[quote]JP1994 wrote:
Hey man, I’m on a 4 day split now. And keeping it.[/quote]
I saw that in your other thread, and commented.

But you’ve sung that tune before. Keep this program for at least eight weeks and you might earn back some points.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]JP1994 wrote:
Hey man, I’m on a 4 day split now. And keeping it.[/quote]
I saw that in your other thread, and commented.

But you’ve sung that tune before. Keep this program for at least eight weeks and you might earn back some points.[/quote]

I am man. No worries. I’ll message you from time to time on here if thats cool…

[quote]JP1994 wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]JP1994 wrote:
Hey man, I’m on a 4 day split now. And keeping it.[/quote]
I saw that in your other thread, and commented.

But you’ve sung that tune before. Keep this program for at least eight weeks and you might earn back some points.[/quote]

I am man. No worries. I’ll message you from time to time on here if thats cool… [/quote]
Sure thing. I’m not saying you shouldn’t to post on the forum. If a question comes up along the way (about an exercise or something, not “I’m changing my entire outline”), then fire away.

It’ll also probably help if you keep an eye out for the more developed guys that have training logs (Alpha, Hungry4More, a few others whose names escape me, sorry guys), to A - see intensity in action, and B - learn by osmosis.

You just can’t be constantly doubting the program/nutrition plan you’re on, while looking for a “better” way. Right now, there isn’t anything better than simple, boring consistency (in training and eating).

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Dont make the same mistake so many of us have made: Trying to build muscle slowly to minimalism fat gain. You know what the only result will be? Minimal Muscle gain. Especially since you’re 16, youre still growing. You will need the extra calories simply for body growth.

If you ARENT taking in enough, aside from not putting on any muscle, you will also stunt your growth. So suck it up and eat more. You’ll feel better, you’ll grow more, you’ll put on more muscle, you’ll retain less fat, and you wont regret the wasted years of your lifting career down the road.[/quote]
Eating more will not help at all if he continues to train poorly.

This kid’s been on at least four different training “programs” over the last three months. Dude changes training routines like the Bunny Ranch changes bedsheets.[/quote]

Yep, also very true.

You wanna grow?? Basically follow any advice that Akuma is willing to give you. The guy is a fucking beast and I do not use that term lightly.

Read Akumna’s advice and DO IT = Get big.
Read Akuma’s advice and keep doing what your doing = Stay small.

[quote]Live4Deadlift wrote:
You wanna grow?? Basically follow any advice that Akuma is willing to give you. The guy is a fucking beast and I do not use that term lightly.

Read Akumna’s advice and DO IT = Get big.
Read Akuma’s advice and keep doing what your doing = Stay small. [/quote]

haha wow, thanks. I take that as a compliment, and one doesnt get too many of those around here.