Anyone Take Ribose?

I’ve read a bit about it and since we’re on the internet there are (obviously) conflicting statements regarding it working/not working.

The benefits seem to be pretty interesting though: " it produced improvement in all the areas tested: energy, sleep, mental clarity, pain intensity, and well-being" (taken from wiki)

But doing a search on here I only found one (old) article about it.

On an off topic point, reading the ‘summary’ of that article was pretty funny. Especially when I read: “Rhodiola is rhodio-crap. Don’t waste your money on supplements with this herb.”

I’ve used it in an all-in-one pre-workout with citrulline malate, beta alanine, taurine, creatine and AAKG.

Very noticeable effect on performance. However I haven’t tried ribose on its own.

I subscribe to a paid newsletter from an MD. He wrote about using ribose for heart patients. I think it was 5 grams, and their heart function improved. To me that is good news that it is a valid supplement.

i guess that most of the science on it is old. i really can’t find too much recent stuff on it.

sounded promising.

I used it years ago, when it first came on the market… but I didnt get very good (if any) results with it.
I dont spent my money on it again.

I use it now and again. I find that it makes a noticeable difference in energy, and – I don’t know if others have experienced this as well – keeps soreness down a bit. I add some to my shakes before and after training.

If cost is really not a problem then I would use it: I used to.

At 15 g a day (5 g three times a day) and $80/kilo, it costs nearly $40/month to use.

In the pre-Surge Workout Fuel days, I noticed somewhat increased peformance when using ribose: not in limit strength, but in getting slightly more total reps over a number of sets.

I quit using it shortly after starting SWF and did not notice its absence, and was doing better on the SWF alone than on the ribose.

However, the mechanisms are different, so probably the ribose still has some additive effect when using SWF or Anaconda, so if the $40/month is just no issue at all, then it’s a reasonable thing to try.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
I’ve read a bit about it and since we’re on the internet there are (obviously) conflicting statements regarding it working/not working.

…[/quote]

i’ve been trying to optimize work capacity. started this from a jonny bowden push and it’s one of my favs. i knows that anecdotal but i am all in with this stuff.