Anyone Switched From Dirty to Clean Bulk?

Hey guys. Those of you that have went from dirty to clean, how massive were the changes physically and in strength?

Very.

^ like better changes physically and in strength?

Im about to move up a weight class and really wanna do it clean

In truth, this is already a muddled conversation. People seem to confuse a clean bulk with a lean bulk these days, meaning they equate it to gaining weight with minimal bodyfat. However, growing up, a “clean bulk” meant a bulk wherein one eats “clean foods”. And though it’s a meme now to pretend like we don’t know what that means, back then we understood it to mean quality protein, carb and fat sources along with veggies and fruits.

I’ve done the living off fast food/processed food diet when I was young. Got away with it because I was young. I hit 24 and couldn’t do that crap anymore. Switched to cooking a lot more of my meals and physique and strength both took off.

4 Likes

yeah, that’s how I’m interpreting it as well. I just want good food quality.

I do occasional processed food, but I find that I don’t even like protein powder anymore.

1 Like

so you’re saying I need to cook my poptarts?

3 Likes

3 seconds in the microwave.

Ironically enough, I’m now eating them pre-workout, since I bought a bunch for my last comp and I’m 15lbs underweight.

are you doing 220 class now?

Seems like more and more comps are cutting out the 200 class in NAS, and the USS comps around me don’t break up the 198/220 class. That said, I doubt I’ll gain that much weight, but I really wanna see what happens when I push some calories and gain some weight. My press and dead are really moving well these days.

1 Like

I gotcha.

I rarely do NAS shows anymore, I think they’re heading for a collapse. Particularly now that more pathways have opened to the Arnold. Which is good for me, since 220 is much more attainable than 230.

I loved the weight classes in NAS. The powerlifting/weightlifting weightclass thing in USS is just weird to me. I’d be happy if they decided not to split the classes from here on out, but having to guess how each comp is going to go is silly.

At this point, I’d rather show up undersized and try to lift big weights than cut weight and rep-fest it. I’m just having fun.

2 Likes

That was my main question. I’m 24 and eat out for most of my bulk. I’ve seen nice gains but want to look tighter

Looking tighter is a question of eating fewer calories. That’s easier to do when you control what you’re putting in your body.

But along with that, you also can ensure you’re getting adequate micronutrients.

1 Like