Anyone Still Doing Big Beyond Belief?

To anyone who has done this program, did you ever see a decrease in strength during one of the ramps. I am on week 2 of ramp 2 on the 4 day split and just about all my lifts are going down. Im also developing some pain in my right knee when squatting and even more when im deadlifting. I had to change around a lot of my exercises to bring up some weaknesses and also because the typical routine of ramp 1 was totally changed in ramp 2. Could me changing the exercises be the reason or am I just not adjusted to the added intensity. Should I keep at this program, and also should I stop doing anything that irritates my knee. Thanks

Book says to go thru all of the 3 ramps and super growth phases (whole 18 week program). After that you can, for example, pick the ramp you liked or gave the best gains and do it over and over again. Most people seem to like the 1st ramp the most.

And to your question about the strength lost: Do not be confused by a temporary loss of strength

Once you have settled into the workout routine you may experience a loss of strength or endurance during the first weeks of the program. Do not panic if this happens. You are not overtraining. Your body is just adapting to the added stress you are providing it. It is important not to begin to question or make changes in your training during this period. Stick with the charts. Keep in mind that there is a rebounding effect that will occur following this period, where you will be rewarded with tremendous gains in strength and size.

If I remember correct, the 2nd ramp had you train the same muscle groups 4 or more times a week, so some exercises might stress your joint more than others ie pushing movements may irritate your shoulders. Good exercise choosing and rehab will help you a lot. If you haven’t read thru the older threads, you should. Lots of good information in those. I’m planning of doing the Ramp 1 and SG 1 before the end of the year.

When strength didn’t progress and stalled on the program I upped my caloric intake. =)

Hi guys

I’m considering starting the program next week. I will have 7 weeks until my wedding so would do ramp 1 (6x a week) followed by 4 weeks of super-growth.

I’m torn between doing this and bulking with anabolic diet for a sort of re comp or just doing a straight cut. I’ve spent the last 3 months slowly and steadily going from 230 27% BF to 210 17%BF. The ultimate goal is down around 10% and sustaining. I’m a relative beginner - I know my way around a weight room and have always worked out for sports but have never focussed on any one program for longer than a few weeks.

What do you guys think? Would anabolic diet + big beyond belief be a nice pre-wedding recomp? Or should I finish the cut properly?

Anyone got links to valid pdf files of the program?

Everything seems to be lost or can’t access it

Thanks guys

[quote]Diluted56 wrote:

Thanks guys[/quote]

I don’t want to overstep the bounds of this forum by posting a link, but the program used to be out there, you can find where it used to be with Google, then use an archiving website to access the page. Good luck!

[quote]Diluted56 wrote:

Thanks guys[/quote]

Send me a PM if you’re still looking

Hey guys! Just started this program, but I got a simple and maybe stupid question. So one week has a micro periodization.

Should these 3 stages have all the same exercise for that particular muscle? Like for chest high cable Flys? Or a different on each day?

Thanks!!

When I ran it, I used different exercises, with the more demanding (forgot the terminology), compound movements being the lower rep days and the less neurologically demanding ones being the endurance days.

[quote]mullerhun wrote:
Hey guys! Just started this program, but I got a simple and maybe stupid question. So one week has a micro periodization.

Should these 3 stages have all the same exercise for that particular muscle? Like for chest high cable Flys? Or a different on each day?

Thanks!! [/quote]

I just always pick 1 movements per body part, and alternated them day to day. So on the 6x a week routine, which had 3 chest days, and my chest movements are Flat Bench and Incline Bench, it would be

Week One:
Endurance-Flat Bench
Strength-Incline
Power-Flat

Week Two:
Endurance-Incline
Strength-Flat
Power-Incline

Also, I’ll be running this again very soon, or at least a modified version of it

Hey! Thanks for the input!

I want to do isolated exercises for chest atm, not compound. High cable fly felt really great! Should I do different variations of cable flies like you do did flat and incline bench?

[quote]mullerhun wrote:
Hey! Thanks for the input!

I want to do isolated exercises for chest atm, not compound. High cable fly felt really great! Should I do different variations of cable flies like do did flat and incline bench?

[/quote]

Doing only isolation exercises for your chest is against the basic principles of the program. Have you read the book?

I know what yr saying, but I want to try it first like this, and concentrate more on chest, and see how it goes.

[quote]mullerhun wrote:
I know what yr saying, but I want to try it first like this, and concentrate more on chest, and see how it goes. [/quote]

why can’t you concentrate on your chest using pressing movements?

Other muscles are heavily involved in bench press, and I feel I’m lagging in chest, so at least one isolation is needed for me I think.

I am 45 year old beginner. I had this book from many years ago, so I decided to make this my first program.

I am 6 weeks in, and it has been going well. I am still getting myself into a rhythm of form and getting the correct weight. The 5 set, 15 reps, 60 second says are hell :slight_smile: I am going to go back to the beginning and start again at the end of this month

I have been going at 6 am and finish at just after 7 am most days. I will stop at the pool for a 15 minute splash around after which includes four laps. Stretches out the muscles nicely. I find I crash about 8 pm :wink:

The gym we have at work is designed mostly for cardio, so I am focusing on dumbbells. However, the dumbbells do not go up to a high weight range so I will be forced to do bench presses on a smith machine. Still, I can’t complain.

I have also attempted to eat clean and often. I am 102 kg and don’t really want to get lighter, but also don’t want to be much heavier. I am looking to create a stronger body shape.

Day 1
EZ Bar bentover row
Dumbbell bench presses
Dumbbell standing bicep curls
Calf Raises

Day 2
Seated dumbbell military presses
Tricep pulldowns
Walking lunges with dumbbells
Incline situps

Day 3
Incline dumbbell bench presses
EZ Bar bentover rows
Dumbell incline bicep curls
Calf raises

Day 4
Seated reverse flyes
Close grip EZ bar press
Squats
Incline situps

Day 5 - Same as Day 1

Day 6 - Same as Day 2

Just thought I would chime in with how I am approaching this program. I really like the look and feel of it so far.

I have a spreadsheet using the 4 day routine. I can email it to you if you would like.

Doin it now! 4 days a week. On Week 2 of Ramp 1.

You replied to a post that was nearly 5 years old. :derp: