Anyone See the Big Fight this Weekend?

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Noam Chomsky is actually a classic, textbook psychopath. I’m not saying that because I hate him and he’s a leftist. There are thousands of leftists I hate but I know for sure with this guy. It’s his narcissism and total amorality. I’ve actually personally corresponded with him via email over a considerable time and he’s so batshit tabs narcissistic that he cannot stop himself from having the last word.

So everyone who has ever had an argument with him via email / letter etc. it’s always Chomsky who sends the last email or letter. The guy must spend every fucking waking moment of his life writing and reading. It shows too in interviews as he has absolutely no knowledge of any aspect of modern culture outside his sick little Ivory tower. I hate to ever celebrate someone’s death but the world will be a better place when that deranged creep finally returns to the void and I for one will drink to it.[/quote]

Ha jesus dude that is harsh. I do understand the way he irks people though. I personally am split. I think he has most things wrong but I also think that his pointing out hypocrisy and atrocities by the U.S and Europe are valid. In my opinion his knowledge of history is excellent, his interpretation is where the bias ruins it.

[quote]YamatoDamashii92 wrote:
Harris and Chomsky shared a back and forth that was as dissatisfying as Mayweather v Pacquiao:

http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/the-limits-of-discourse[/quote]

Seems to explain why Dr. Krauss, with whom I maintain a sporadic dialog with, seems to be growing increasingly extremist. He’s only gracious when I tell him he did something right.

Saw the fight. What a massive pile of crap. The undercard was a disgrace considering how many people were watching, boxing had a great opportunity to showcase more talent.

I like defensive boxers, but I like a guy that makes you miss and makes you pay (Like a James Toney.) Floyd is usually fun to watch. I loved what he did to Marquez. This “fight” however was terrible. Pot shot, clinch, pot shot, run. He won, but did the absolute bare minimum to win.

[quote]Alrightmiami19c wrote:
Saw the fight. What a massive pile of crap. The undercard was a disgrace considering how many people were watching, boxing had a great opportunity to showcase more talent.

I like defensive boxers, but I like a guy that makes you miss and makes you pay (Like a James Toney.) Floyd is usually fun to watch. I loved what he did to Marquez. This “fight” however was terrible. Pot shot, clinch, pot shot, run. He won, but did the absolute bare minimum to win.[/quote]

[quote]YamatoDamashii92 wrote:

I like defensive boxers, but I like a guy that makes you miss and makes you pay (Like a James Toney.) Floyd is usually fun to watch. I loved what he did to Marquez. This “fight” however was terrible. Pot shot, clinch, pot shot, run. He won, but did the absolute bare minimum to win.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Noam Chomsky is actually a classic, textbook psychopath. I’m not saying that because I hate him and he’s a leftist. There are thousands of leftists I hate but I know for sure with this guy. It’s his narcissism and total amorality. I’ve actually personally corresponded with him via email over a considerable time and he’s so batshit tabs narcissistic that he cannot stop himself from having the last word.

So everyone who has ever had an argument with him via email / letter etc. it’s always Chomsky who sends the last email or letter. The guy must spend every fucking waking moment of his life writing and reading. It shows too in interviews as he has absolutely no knowledge of any aspect of modern culture outside his sick little Ivory tower. I hate to ever celebrate someone’s death but the world will be a better place when that deranged creep finally returns to the void and I for one will drink to it.[/quote]

I agree. I think Sam Harris was wasting his time with Chomsky I was less surprised about his ineptitude to converse or argue his points. I was surprised more at who he associates with. That little window in to his world explains a lot.

Welter weight bouts suck. They have no power. That’s why in the past, it was always the Heavy Weight champ that mattered. Put either boxer against the any heavy weight champs of yore, and they would be knocked into next week in less than a round.
Why this fight was so big, I don’t know. I guess it’s because that Mayweather is such an asshole, people were looking for an ass-whooping. Those don’t typically happen in welter weight classes.

[quote]pat wrote:

Welter weight bouts suck. They have no power. That’s why in the past, it was always the Heavy Weight champ that mattered. Put either boxer against the any heavy weight champs of yore, and they would be knocked into next week in less than a round.
Why this fight was so big, I don’t know. I guess it’s because that Mayweather is such an asshole, people were looking for an ass-whooping. Those don’t typically happen in welter weight classes.[/quote]

C’mon Pat! 140-160 is where it’s at!!

Ward/Gatti??
Castillo/Corrales?
Hagler/Hearns???

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

Why this fight was so big, I don’t know. I guess it’s because that Mayweather is such an asshole, people were looking for an ass-whooping. Those don’t typically happen in welter weight classes.[/quote]

Ward/Gatti??
Castillo/Corrales?
Hagler/Hearns???
[/quote]

I’d agree. I haven’t seen a entertaining heavyweight fights since Vitali vs Lennox. Nonito Donaire puts on a hell of a show at bantam and feather weight. I wish middle and light heavy was relevant again. Those weight classes always had a nice mix of activity and power.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

Ward/Gatti??
Castillo/Corrales?
Hagler/Hearns???
[/quote]

I’d agree. I haven’t seen a entertaining heavyweight fights since Vitali vs Lennox. Nonito Donaire puts on a hell of a show at bantam and feather weight. I wish middle and light heavy was relevant again. Those weight classes always had a nice mix of activity and power. [/quote]

I reckon it’s because all the big dudes went to UFC. Light weight boxing is mostly technical and if you’re into that, then it’s the most entertaining kind. If you like to see proper ass-whipping, you gotta go heavy. I like an ass-whipping so light weights aren’t fun to watch.