Anyone Ride? - Motorcycles

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
It killed me, but I just sold my Ducati Paul Smart. I’ve never owned a vehicle that actually appreciated in value, sold it for about 1.5X what I paid for it. I’ll put half in the bank and go bike shopping with the rest.[/quote]

Jesus, I hurt after just reading that.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
I want my father’s 1972 Kawasaki H2.

I knew a guy that went to sell his, and an 18 year old wanted to buy it. The 18 year old brought his dad. The guy selling it told the father, “I can not sell your son this bike because he will kill himself.”[/quote]

Sadly, this is is my story as well. My Father wouldn’t lend me the money to buy a newly rebuilt 500 Triple. I was out of work at the time and my Kawasaki 250 LTD was running fine. I was devastated, wouldn’t talk to him for a month. I would have died on it and he knew it. It still bugs me to this day. I know he’s right but fuck it still hurts. What a bike. I know someone who has three but he’ll never part with them.

That FJ of yours is a beast. I raced a few of those over the years. Dead stop I had them. From a rolling start different story. Always wanted to take one out for a scoot.

This is my bike. 1984 Suzuki GS1150. Actually this pic was lifted off the internet. Mine has no fairing,a supertrap pipe and a custom paint job. It’s sick right now :frowning:
[/quote]

My Father also has a 1977 GS1000 and a 1984 GS 1100. I have enjoyed riding those bikes also. The Kawasaki H2 is blue, and it has sat up for 10 yrs+. I might just take it and get it fixed up.

I love my FJ, but really thinking of selling it for $2,500.

^^Man you and your old man have good taste in bikes. I ran into the guy who owns those triple a few months ago, hadn’t talked to him in ten years. The convo went the same way it always does when I see him.

Me: Hey John, good to see you dude.
Him: Good to see you too and no, the triples aren’t for sale lol.

He also owns a mint 1980 CBX. It wasn’t the fastest thing on the road but it sure looked it. Set of headers on a six. Amazing sound.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
I want my father’s 1972 Kawasaki H2.

I knew a guy that went to sell his, and an 18 year old wanted to buy it. The 18 year old brought his dad. The guy selling it told the father, “I can not sell your son this bike because he will kill himself.”[/quote]

You cannot haz it because your father is riding it.

Pervert.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Looks like all the pansy asses here never get off the pavement.[/quote]

Only a pansy takes a dirt bike off road…

:wink:

Death Valley on the way to the Racetrack.

More Death Valley riding on a streetbike.

Don’t need a dirt bike to get off the pavement.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I’ve tried like heck to get my woods riding videos to post but to no avail. They’re much more fun to watch than the sand vids.[/quote]

That looks like pretty nice countryside in the background of your vids.

I don’t ride now but I will someday soon I want a Harley Davidson road king classic.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
2009 Harley Crossbones
Love my bike[/quote]
Knew I liked you.

2008 Cross Bones

These pictures were taken after a 800 mile trip up over a couple mountain passes.

She’s a little dirty but cleans up nice.