Anyone Ride? - Motorcycles

Anyone on T-Nation ride? I have a 1989 Yamaha FJ1200, and love it.

A retirement dream of my wife and me is to get a Honda Goldwing and travel the US.

Any dreams anyone had that entails a Motorcycle? Having sex with one does not count.

I dreamt I had a bad ass motorcycle. It was all black and I knew girls who liked to ride it because it made them feel “good”.

I had a dream I rode that bike everywhere especially through Florida for a few years. I dreamed that it was like my horse and I loved the “lifestyle” of being a bike rider.

But this was all a dream.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I dreamt I had a bad ass motorcycle. It was all black and I knew girls who liked to ride it because it made them feel “good”.

I had a dream I rode that bike everywhere especially through Florida for a few years. I dreamed that it was like my horse and I loved the “lifestyle” of being a bike rider.

But this was all a dream.[/quote]

Dreams do come true. You just got to want it.

2009 Harley Crossbones

Love my bike

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

Dreams do come true. You just got to want it.[/quote]

LOL.

I wanted it so bad it was almost real.

Dmaddox, I had a bike for about 6 years before my accident and will get another eventually. I don’t think you understood the lame joke…no pun intended.

Did you by any chance used to read “Word Up” magazine on these motorcycle trips?

Dmaddox, I had a bike for about 6 years before my accident and will get another eventually. I don’t think you understood the lame joke…no pun intended.[/quote]

Didn’t know that. Sorry to hear about the crash. I have not been on my bike a couple of years because a lady I worked with had an accident. She had been riding Harley’s her entire adult life, but she borrowed them from people. She saved up her money for 5 years to buy herself her own bike. She wanted a crotch rocket. When leaving the dealership she hit the gas like she would on a Harley. No lag like on a Harley, and she hit the gas hard like you have to do on a Harley. The crotch rocket jumped out into traffic and she lost control. It killed her on impact. My 3rd child was just born so I put the motorcycle on hold for a while. It shook me up really bad.

I am ready to ride again, but hard to get out of Houston pretty quickly when you live near downtown and the roads are not fun in town with the cagers that never look in their blind spot. Probably hit 288 south and keep on going.

This is what I’m currently riding but I’ve owned many different bikes over the years.

james

I have no clue how to put a picture up, but this is the exact bike I ride.

For the record, in the other thread, I meant that I’m buying here and then hopefully ending up in Mexico with it.

Although buying a stolen bike in Mexico is probably cheaper…

[quote]smh23 wrote:
For the record, in the other thread, I meant that I’m buying here and then hopefully ending up in Mexico with it.

Although buying a stolen bike in Mexico is probably cheaper…[/quote]

I know. I was just wanting to start this thread so we did not hijack the other much longer.

harley davidsons might be the worst sounding, most annoying thing on the road.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
harley davidsons might be the worst sounding, most annoying thing on the road. [/quote]

Nope, rich acapella families.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
Anyone on T-Nation ride? I have a 1989 Yamaha FJ1200, and love it.

A retirement dream of my wife and me is to get a Honda Goldwing and travel the US.

Any dreams anyone had that entails a Motorcycle? Having sex with one does not count.[/quote]

I attempted to travel across a chunk of Africa on a 1970 Triumph Trident. Pretty cool until I was cruising along a 50mph and a big fucking snake (probably a a black mamba) jumped across the road at me and hit my helmet, which apparently they do frequently, as they are very territorial.

I lasted about another day and sold the bike for a 1 way ticket to Tel Aviv.

It killed me, but I just sold my Ducati Paul Smart. I’ve never owned a vehicle that actually appreciated in value, sold it for about 1.5X what I paid for it. I’ll put half in the bank and go bike shopping with the rest.

I lift while I ride.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
harley davidsons might be the worst sounding, most annoying thing on the road. [/quote]

Fuck all of y’all. I will return to the life of the road soon.

Fuck all of y’all. I will return to the life of the road soon.[/quote]

All of us in Houston need to go for a ride when PX gets another bike. I will dust off the cobwebs on mine, and get it tuned up. Make a B line for the Hill Country.