Anyone Read Milo Journal?

Hey Guys,

I was thinking of ordering MILO from ironmind.com. Anyone have any recommendations on the Mag.

Also I was thinking of getting the online version as opposed to print version (mainly because of price difference). I’m wondering if anyone here gets the online version, and what do they think of the online version vs the print version.

Thanks in advance.

i only got it for one year… there was always something great in it… i got the print version though, and would prefer to get it in that format again if i re-subscribed.

it’s definitely a great journal.

peace

Thanks for the reply adarqui. I know a couple of people who’ve gotten the print version they’ve all said it was good.

I wanna get it in some form and the online version is alot cheaper ($40 vs $100 for the print). Love to know if anybody on the forum has gotten the online version before.

Yep I’ve gotten the print version for years off and on. Whenever I could afford it. Milo journal is a bit pricey for sure, but it’s well worth it, if your thing is strength, whether PL, Oly, strongman, arm wrestling, there’s always several good articles.

I too been thinking of doing the online version now that they offer that option, like you said it’s much cheaper. Also you can always download and print the articles you want to keep.

Milo is awesome. But expensive. Every year my wife gets me a subscrption that way I don’t realize I am spending $20.00 per issue.

But honestly they are more like books than magazines and it looks real cool when you have years of issues sitting next to eachother in your bookshelf.

I have every issue since March 1997 when they switched to the smaller format. Love it. They just switched to the online version with the last issue. There’s a fitness store somewhat close to me that carries it, so I pick it up there when it comes out.

I went ahead and bought the online version. They said that they’ll email me a link in 4-5 business days (don’t know why it takes so long to email a link, only took them 1 day to dock my credit card).

If I really hate the online format, I might try and see if they’ll let me pay the difference and switch.

I think its a great journal. Bill Starr always has some good things to write.

Maybe I’m getting old but I don’t think it’s as good as it was.

I have every issue; I still enjoy it but not like I used to.

Chris

Hey, I actually write for MILO quite a bit. Obviously, I like the journal!

I have a double of an older issue. If you’d like, PM me your address and I’ll send it to you so you can see what an actual issue looks like.

-Steve

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
Hey, I actually write for MILO quite a bit. Obviously, I like the journal!

I have a double of an older issue. If you’d like, PM me your address and I’ll send it to you so you can see what an actual issue looks like.

-Steve[/quote]

Thanks for the offer but I’ve already ordered the online version, so I’ll wait and see what its like.

No problem…I’m in this month’s issue, feedback is always welcome.

wushu let us know how you like the online version? cons and pros?
do you get exactly the same material as print version?

[quote]sumabeast wrote:
wushu let us know how you like the online version? cons and pros?
do you get exactly the same material as print version?[/quote]

Will do. I’m still waiting on the 4-5 business days for “delivery”. Once I get the link, I’ll post the cons and pros and the like.

Got my MILO link today.

Very impressed. The magazine is great, everything I’d expected and more.

The online version isn’t in PDF format. They give you a link to the magazine and they have a built in online viewer which is pretty decent. There is a print function built into the online reader as well, so you can print out articles you may want.

You get all the same info as the print version. It’s in full colour and all that, 132 pages in full including the cover.

Thankfully I know my way around computers, so I was able to use the print function to save an offline version of the magazine.

TECH rant:
(basically when you use the print function it converts the pages to PNG files and if you cancel the print you can save the webpage and get all the PNG files in the _files folder of the saved webpage)

Heres a page from it:

Heres another. (from March 09)

If you have your print version handy, you can see its the same.

I quite like the online reader. It has a search function and it also has a link searcher function which will bring up any links from the article you are reading.

You can adjust the viewing settings as well from 1- or 2-page viewing mode and you can choose the level of magnification as well.

Heres a screen cap of the online viewer.

Heres a close up of the viewer’s tool bar. (I split it in halve so that you could see it closer up)