Anyone Practicing Systema?

Hey there,

I just saw that a group is training systema in the town I currently live in. I have been wanting to re-start martial arts (practiced karaté and capoeira for a bit) for self-defense and conditioning purpose; and thought I would ask if any fellow t-nationer was training (or had an opinion) on this.

systemma is Russian hokus pokus if you want a real martial art try traditional shotokan . slow to start but amazing once yoy develop a passion
i strongly recommend the book blkack belt karate by jordan roth read it live by it
make it your bible

I have been training for years in Systema and can tell you that it really works. Let me demonstrate
see
OK when you get up off the floor you should lie down for a bit, the after effects of that knockout touch can leave you weak for a few hrs.

:slight_smile: Ok guys, got your point.

I’ll still gonna take a look at one session or so, it won’t cost me anything anyway.

if its free why the hell not

Don’t listen to these homos, Systema is legit, just some of the commercial goons out there are making it out to be as gay as Ki Society Aikido. Like Aikido, Systema can be a powerful art, and also like Aikido, many jedi wannabe homies mysticize the thing into some Ki Tea Time dance session.

[quote]westdale warrior wrote:
systemma is Russian hokus pokus if you want a real martial art try traditional shotokan . slow to start but amazing once yoy develop a passion
i strongly recommend the book blkack belt karate by jordan roth read it live by it
make it your bible
[/quote]

I recommend spell check for you.

However, Systema is not something I can give a definite answer on. On one hand, it is entirely possible to create a lot of force with an innocuous movement, and should you hit the right spot using the right physics, it could really fuck someone up.

On the other hand, some of the stuff I’ve seen claimed as “systema” looks completely fake. With the agenda that every instructor has nowadays, it’s not something I would trust unless I felt it myself. With fighting, I put empirical evidence above everything, and I’ve got none on that system or similar ones.

Systema is 100% pure BS. Go to Bullshido forums and ask them what the deal is with “no touch knockouts”, wear a fire retardent suit while waiting for a response.

I heard Fedor does it.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
westdale warrior wrote:
make it your bible

I recommend spell check for you.
[/quote]
im just happy to be acknowledged

by a prolific poster

plus look at the date and time… bombed posting

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
I heard Fedor does it.
[/quote]

Sambo == Sistema.
Not much to Sistema, if you ask me.

[quote]3IdSpetsnaz wrote:
Don’t listen to these homos, Systema is legit, just some of the commercial goons out there are making it out to be as gay as Ki Society Aikido. Like Aikido, Systema can be a powerful art, and also like Aikido, many jedi wannabe homies mysticize the thing into some Ki Tea Time dance session.[/quote]

…? Really? Wow.

sigh so many brotards in this thread I did italicize,
do I need to make it bold for sarchasm

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:

sigh so many brotards in this thread I did italicize,
do I need to make it bold for sarchasm[/quote]

Sorry, my bad here. Thought you were suggesting that you actually heard that and italicized it to point out it was only rumors.

Got that wrong ;).

[quote]AlexD wrote:
Hey there,

I just saw that a group is training systema in the town I currently live in. I have been wanting to re-start martial arts (practiced karat�© and capoeira for a bit) for self-defense and conditioning purpose; and thought I would ask if any fellow t-nationer was training (or had an opinion) on this.

[/quote]

a guy i know has dabbled it in. he has a pretty good background (wrestling, boxing, judo and hapkido), and he likes training in it from time to time. it’s focused more on LEO/military stuff, so it has weapons retention, multiple attacker stuff, etc.

i wasn’t going to go to a seminar last weekend to check it out, but couldn’t make it.

but yeah, if it’s free i would say check it out at least.