T Nation

Anyone Play Spore Yet???

They released in Australia a couple days ago and Europe today. I’ve actually got a cracked copy that I’ve spent a couple hours playing. Gotta say it is pretty fucking awesome. I can’t wait until Sunday so I can get a legit version and do all the online stuff as well.

So far my species has exterminated several dozen other species. I believe if I get 10-15 more then I get a huge DNA bonus. I can advance to the Tribal Stage but I’m saving up a ton of DNA because this is the last stage that you can actually evolve.

Its pretty badass running around with 3 others in your pack just totally jacking the shit out of these other animals. Just make sure to watch out for epic creatures cause they’ll fuck you up in a hurry.

If anyone else has played or has questions make sure to speak up.

is this like AOE? judging by what you have typed it sounds identical, what kind of system do you need to run the game?

Looks good. Downloading now.

See you all next spring.

[quote]Renton wrote:
Looks good. Downloading now.

See you all next spring.[/quote]

LMAO!

How about buying the game?

You know, to pay the artists, designers and stuff?

My computer is too shitty.

I’m waiting for a PS3 release

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
is this like AOE? judging by what you have typed it sounds identical, what kind of system do you need to run the game?[/quote]

Uhhh, not sure wtf AOE is. The cell stage is like an easy arcade game, creature stage is like a 3rd person action/adventure game, tribal stage is a basic RTS, Civilization stage is like a bigger RTS, and Space stage is well…nothing like it.

The minimum requirements are really low. The graphics are good but it isn’t like a super realistic FPS. The more memory and cpu power you have the faster the loads. I’m running a AMD 3800x2 and I don’t exceed 70% cpu usage and use up about 60 % of my 2 gigs of ram. I’ve got a x800 pro radeon vid card and it seems to swim nicely.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

You know, to pay the artists, designers and stuff? [/quote]

I’m gonna assume you are talking to Renton since I mentioned I’m gonna get a legit version on Sunday so I can do the online stuff.

[quote]Rattler wrote:

I’m waiting for a PS3 release[/quote]

You never know just check out the minimum requirements and put everything on the lower settings. I believe when you first start up it automatically detects which settings you should use. I was getting worried because the first load time took forever and I believe that was why.

[quote]GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
Rattler wrote:

I’m waiting for a PS3 release

You never know just check out the minimum requirements and put everything on the lower settings. I believe when you first start up it automatically detects which settings you should use. I was getting worried because the first load time took forever and I believe that was why.[/quote]

No trust. My computer slows down on C&C Generals whenever lots of stuff happens. Plus my CD drive is broken, meaning I can’t insteall it and I don’t dl new games, only stuff 4+ years old that is a bitch to find.

Prediction: Spore will be declared the most over-hyped game ever. Will Wright’s home will be burned to the ground by disappointed gamers and his body will be found hanging from a near-by lamppost.

[quote]GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
Schwarzfahrer wrote:

You know, to pay the artists, designers and stuff?

I’m gonna assume you are talking to Renton since I mentioned I’m gonna get a legit version on Sunday so I can do the online stuff.[/quote]

What’s really the point of a game like this without getting a leggit copy? No online play, interaction etc.

I, like you Ghorig, got a cracked copy (mine this morning), liked it and paid for the download on the official site.

It’s rather good. Doubt it’ll hold my interest for more than a week or so though. Games rarely do.

[quote]Renton wrote:

It’s rather good. Doubt it’ll hold my interest for more than a week or so though. Games rarely do.[/quote]

I agree I’m already kind of bored of it. I think they fucked up a little bit by not making the beginning stages take up more time and be more involving. The Cell stage is my absolute favorite but it only lasts like 10-15 minutes. I think there should be more options and take longer to complete…same with the creature stage. Honestly, the tribal, civ, and spaces stages are kind of boring. To be fair to the space stage I only played it for like 30 mins.

I haven’t bought the game yet and I’m really leaning towards not buying it. It is worth buying but I’ve already experienced it. I’ll probably wait a few months until it comes down in price.