Anyone Out There Drink Vodka?

This is the next vodka I plan on trying since I can find it locally. 80 proof as well.

[quote]Rykker wrote:
Synthetickiller wrote:
PICTURE:

I found Ciroc at the local grocery and decided to try it. Its made from fermented grapes, something very different. Incredibly smooth. If you want some vodka, try it. You won’t be disappointed.

What’s the % alcohol content?[/quote]

40%, 80 proof.

I guess on this thread I’m admitting to all the stupid shit I’ve done in my life, so here’s another…Years ago I took 21 shots of vodka. I think I’m still drunk from it.

[quote]Ultimate Badass wrote:
…Years ago I took 21 shots of vodka. I think I’m still drunk from it.[/quote]

That’s called “brain damage.”

[quote]Rykker wrote:
Ultimate Badass wrote:
…Years ago I took 21 shots of vodka. I think I’m still drunk from it.

That’s called “brain damage.”[/quote]

lol

Boru. It’s the only thing I drink.

-dizzle

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

True. I guess a test to see if you’re an irresponsible cunt would be better fitting.
[/quote]

I agree. Let’s call it the Lohan test…

drink ciroc, belvedere and grey goose, im only 20 lol but i find other vodkas leave me with a shittier hangover, may be because i tend to enjoy these more where the other vodkas i just try and throw down

btw finlandia is trash, worst headache ive ever suffered

The funny thing that nobody seems to realize is that all vodka is the same low quality unaged shit, save for the number of times and manner it’s filtered.

Think about that when you pay 30+$$ for your next bottle.

[quote]Rykker wrote:
Ultimate Badass wrote:
…Years ago I took 21 shots of vodka. I think I’m still drunk from it.

That’s called “brain damage.”[/quote]

I had dain bramage. I feel much better.

I love vodka, having Polish parents I’ve been raised to love it.

Zubrowka is actually one of my favourite “non-traditional” vodkas - mixed with some apple juice and ice it makes a great drink.

vodka?? tanqueray is my lil drink of choice on the select weekends i do drink. theres nothing like walking around drunk saying “Im tony sinclair, and THATS how you tanqueray” then immediately following that i swig it and move onto the next person to say it to. Im a toolbag drinking, hence i dont do it often

Fleischmans $13.26 for a half gallon, mix it with diet squirt and a splash of lemon or lime juice. If it comes in a plastic bottle you’ll find me drinking it. Days I want to get fancy though, Monopolowa is the one I’ll buy.

[quote]Cpl. Mongo wrote:
If it comes in a plastic bottle you’ll find me drinking it. [/quote]

you’re a brave soul…haha but out of those i like kamchatka or if i’m feeling super cheap gordon’s

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
The funny thing that nobody seems to realize is that all vodka is the same low quality unaged shit, save for the number of times and manner it’s filtered.

Think about that when you pay 30+$$ for your next bottle.[/quote]

So what do you drink?

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:

So what do you drink?

[/quote]

The most expensive vodka I will pay for is Smirnoff. Usually I buy the 12$ 1.75litre of generic and it lasts me a good long time.

Trust me when I say it is basically all the same. Whiskey starts out as vodka (basically) then it is aged in oak casks that were used for making wine. The casks impart the color and flavor that makes whisky so darn tasty. Vodka is just un-aged grain/potato alcohol, it’s basically a cheap way for poor people in poor countries to get drunk… Don’t get me wrong, I like it sometimes, but the whole ‘expensive vodka’ thing is a total scam.

Years ago when I was a little military brat, me and my buddies use to steal the Military Special brand of vodka from the Class Six. I think everyone in the store knew but they didn’t give a shit because that stuff cost about $3 a bottle. Talk about rot gut.

Are we talking drinking straight vodka with ice or mixed in with another liquid? For mixing I found that an expensive vodka was unnecessary. Otherwise, I’ve never tried drinking straight ice-cold vodka, is it any good?

[quote]ab_power wrote:
Are we talking drinking straight vodka with ice or mixed in with another liquid? For mixing I found that an expensive vodka was unnecessary. Otherwise, I’ve never tried drinking straight ice-cold vodka, is it any good? [/quote]

in general (to me) mixing expensive alcohol is pretty much pointless.

[quote]Love2Lift wrote:
Grey Goose. It’s the only thing I drink… when I indulge… which is not often.[/quote]

Two thumbs up for the Grey Goose. A simple but delicious martini:

4 oz Grey Goose
1/2 oz olive juice
5 cubes of ice.

Combine in a shaker and shake vigorously about a hundred times, until you cannot hold onto the tin anymore because it has become so cold.

Meanwhile, have a large martini glass filled with ice water chilling. Pour out the ice water and pour in the sub-zero martini. Add olives to taste.

This is one of the world’s best drinks. Even my wife, who hates straight hard liquor, loves these.