T Nation

Anyone on Facebook? Help

hey anyone thats on facebook, i need some help with a school project.

I just made a facebook group called “The Girl From Qatif- Global Awareness”.

for those that havent heard, theres a situation in Saudi Arabia currently where a girl got brutally raped and Saudi courts sentenced her to 6 months in prison and 200 lashings…

its basically pretty F’ed up.

Anyone that can, help me with my project. The idea was to make a facebook group to help spread awareness. If you join, youll be helping me out. If you join the group and leave a comment on the wall or something, youll REALLY be helping me out.

I appreciate all the help I can get, this is one of my last undergraduate projects, scheduled to graduate Dec. 20, help me get there!

Thanks!

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
hey anyone thats on facebook, i need some help with a school project.

I just made a facebook group called “The Girl From Qatif- Global Awareness”.

for those that havent heard, theres a situation in Saudi Arabia currently where a girl got brutally raped and Saudi courts sentenced her to 6 months in prison and 200 lashings…

its basically pretty F’ed up.

Anyone that can, help me with my project. The idea was to make a facebook group to help spread awareness. If you join, youll be helping me out. If you join the group and leave a comment on the wall or something, youll REALLY be helping me out.

I appreciate all the help I can get, this is one of my last undergraduate projects, scheduled to graduate Dec. 20, help me get there!

Thanks![/quote]

One join with a post!

thanks man

join and a post

thanks

I’ll hit it up.

join and post

Joined + Posted

This is really sad, I cant believe they could do this.

joined. posted.

do you need us to invite people?

inviting others would be awesome. and thanks everyone, i really appreciate it! its awesome seeing this grow- i see people from norway, nepal, etc.

i got a PM from a fellow T-Nation member, and as i told them, this group that i created is for a school project. however, i will by no means disable it after the project has been said and done/graded, whatever.

im not sure how far it will spread, or if it will have much impact. however, just from this project i can see that it could be possible to create a positive social change, from something so simple as the network we log into just to check up on our friends.

i joined it for ya, hope it helps. Didn’t have anything new to say though so didn’t post.

thanks everyone. i appreciate the joining and posting on the wall.

if anyone else wants to join, or if people that have joined can send it to their friends, etc., everything is appreciated.

Joined. Invited people.

thanks

funny you posted this because my teacher was talking about it in school. im not too sure what other information your group has in it but i was told that the men who raped her were not punished at all (just reprimanded.) Im pretty sure my teacher said that the people there said that she “shouldnt have put herself in that position in the first place.” (meaning she shouldnt have even BEEN with the guys).

i will definitely agree this is pretty messed up. i didnt think many (if any) other people knew about this.

[quote]TomRocco wrote:
funny you posted this because my teacher was talking about it in school. im not too sure what other information your group has in it but i was told that the men who raped her were not punished at all (just reprimanded.) Im pretty sure my teacher said that the people there said that she “shouldnt have put herself in that position in the first place.” (meaning she shouldnt have even BEEN with the guys).

i will definitely agree this is pretty messed up. i didnt think many (if any) other people knew about this. [/quote]

the girl was actually meeting with a man that she formerly had some sort of relationship with. something that i read said that they had primarily a “phone relationship”…whatever that means. she was meeting up with the man to recover a picture that he had of her, because she had recently gotten married and did not think it was appropriate for another man to have a picture of her.

the men that raped her also raped the man that she was meeting with. she, nor the man she was meeting with, were with the men that raped her.

she had met up with the man in his car, and the seven men that raped them ambushed the car, and made them drive to a secluded location, etc.

as far as the men that did the raping not being punished, i dont believe that is true. all of the men eventually received between 2 and 9 years prison.

regardless, its still fucked up. the girl shouldnt have been punished, she got raped for christ’s sake!