Anyone Interested In Ultimate Fighting!

If you’re curious about ultimate fighting, but never actually wanted to put out for a PPV to see what its all about, then tonite is a great way for you to see what the sport is about.

Tonite at 9pm the UFC is giving away a PPV quality main event, with Ken Shamrock, historically their top main event attraction and the most famous fighter in the world, versus a very strong, young, up and comer, Rich Franklin.

Shamrock hasn’t fought in about a year and a half, so this is going to be a very interesting bout. Usually, the a popular fighter’s first fight back from a long layoff is against a tomato can (Peter McNeeley anyone?) or a marginal fighter, but not in this case.

If this does’t impress you, consider the fact that many people think UFC is insane to give this away considering that Shamrock always pulls strong PPV numbers. That’s an indication of the quality of this fight.
While it isn’t exactly Goldberg-Hogan from the Atlanta Dome, its still a risky move by UFC to entice new fans to buy future PPVs.

(Note: WCW, in probably one of the stupidest moves ever in the history of pro wrestling, gave away Goldberg’s win for the title over Hollywood Hogan on free TV. Goldberg was the hottest thing in wrestling and Hogan was viciously hated, and the PPV would probably have done, as a minimum, 500,000 PPV buys. That’s 7.5 to 10 million dollars pissed away! Another reason WCW went out of business.)

At least tape the darn thing to see if you like it, come on!

Tonite is also the finale of the Ultimate Fighter series. You will see, live, the 2 final matches of the lightweight and the middleweight divisions, to determine who wins the competition and thus a UFC contract.

Lets go Forrest!

That show “Ultimate fighter” should be renamed to “Weaklings who like to touch each other”. Never have I seen such weak people get into a ring and sexually abuse each other for such long periods of time. These guys actually claim to know martial arts, but when they get into the ring, it’s all sissy slaps and hugs. Organized fighting on TV is ALWAYS crappy. It’s a soapopra, drama filled peice of crap.

Here’s a good example of how UFC fights normally look like:
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=fight_after_school
UFC THREEWAY: http://www.compfused.com/directlink/257/

That’s basically what EVERY UFC fight looks like.

Now here’s what I call a decent organized fight:
http://www.sublimedirectory.com/basement/media/kimbo.wmv

That last fight may have been kinda gay, but atleast the contenders showed SOME form of skill. They may have not been the best fighters, but at no time did they fall to the ground and hug for 7 minuts.
WARNING: Some of those videos include violence similare to the “Non T like Behavior” video.

Umm…that’s not anything what a UFC fight looks like. In the first fight it was obvious the white kid had no idea what he was doing; that first punch he caught would’ve been declared a KO because after that point he did not even attempt to defend himself. (I can’t remember a single recent UFC match that ended after the first punch). Just because a fight is very aggressive and consists entirely of striking does not mean the fighters possess any skill.

I do agree, however, that most of the fights so far were not UFC quality. I can’t believe Dana White said that all of these fighters could make it in the UFC. However I do think there are some fighters that have definitely demonstrated talent, mot notably Stephen Bonnar and Diego Sanchez.

Griffin, these guys aren’t even in the UFC yet.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
Umm…that’s not anything what a UFC fight looks like. In the first fight it was obvious the white kid had no idea what he was doing; that first punch he caught would’ve been declared a KO because after that point he did not even attempt to defend himself. (I can’t remember a single recent UFC match that ended after the first punch). Just because a fight is very aggressive and consists entirely of striking does not mean the fighters possess any skill.

I do agree, however, that most of the fights so far were not UFC quality. I can’t believe Dana White said that all of these fighters could make it in the UFC. However I do think there are some fighters that have definitely demonstrated talent, mot notably Stephen Bonnar and Diego Sanchez.[/quote]

EXACTLY, NO CLUE WHAT HE WAS DOING. It kinda reminds me of what the Ultimate Fighter show looks like. That was my point. He never was KO’d at all, KO means “Knock out”, not “never defended himself”. My point is that the kids in Ultimate Fighter SUCK, and they would never last in the real UFC.

Stephen sucks, he’s too cocky and doesn’t know how to block. I forgot who Diego is, so I wont argue there.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Griffin, these guys aren’t even in the UFC yet. [/quote]

So? They’re competing to get into it. You think once they join, they will magically become great fighters?

I think the fighters in the UFC currently have A LOT more training time under their belts than the kids on the show.

Not to mention steroids as well.

Ok you can officially kiss my ass GriffinC.

The first season of any show like TUF is going to be a learning experience. For a reasonable comparison look at the first season of WWE Tough Enough vs Season 3. In season 1 they had people training to be sports entertainers who had no real business being in a gym let alone a ring. By season 3 they had a hellish “weed-out” process to leave only the ones physically able to do the training. Why’d the show end? Who knows, i enjoyed it myself.

Point is, for season 2, TUF, they will probably have a lenghthier process of getting the sixteen guys, definitely with a “weed-out” process to find the guys who can’t really fight, or don’t have the will-power to suck it up. Hopefully this will leave more episodes for actual fighting and training, and less bullshit dramatics.

Did you guys watched the fights tonight? Didn’t seem like many people attended the fights. I been to Cox Stadium before and it looks like all the upper seats were closed off, meaning no one bought tickets considering the cheap seats were $150. The ground seats were only half filled. Even though, it was a good fight between Forrest and Bonner.