T Nation

Anyone Here Only Eat When Hungry?

Hey guys,

The title tells it all: just wondering if a few here are successful with weigh gain with eating only when they are hungry?

me, although sometimes my last meal of the day is bigger than my hunger if you see what I mean.

“That’s my secret…I’m ALWAYS hungry.”

[quote]Marc_Cavalli wrote:
Hey guys,

The title tells it all: just wondering if a few here are successful with weigh gain with eating only when they are hungry?[/quote]

I only eat when I am hungry, but I have a target of over 4k calories.

Truth is, I’ve been hungry my whole life.

Props!

[quote]Nards wrote:
“That’s my secret…I’m ALWAYS hungry.”[/quote]

Everyday. Thank you, genetics.

Really though, some guys can manage it and do fine. In the past, when I’ve let hunger dictate my eating schedule, I’ve found it’s easier to justify eating crap. Doesn’t work for me.

Haha, if I was to let my appetite dictate my meals i’d be 130lbs. Force feeding, all day, everyday, forever and ever.

I eat this way. The hungrier you get the more you’ll grow and not get fat. For this to happen you have to optimize the way your body is working so no shitty foods, hard training sessions and enough rest

for some this is a shitty idea.

hormones don’t always do what they are suppose to do so just being hungry doesn’t mean your body needs food.

If I let hunger dictate my diet I’d probably eat 6000 calories a day :slight_smile:

Myself1992 and others’ post get to the heart of the issue.

It really depends on your eating habits or food selection.

You could gain weight eating when hungry, or lose weight eating when hungry. Even putting genetics aside, if you only consumed a good balance of meats, oils, dairy, and vegetables and fruit, you could probably bulk up slowly while maintaining a ripped body, or recomp while not losing much fat.

But there are very few people who can adjust their lifestyle to this. The amount of time to buy, cook, and even eat all the food is enormous. Not too mention that work or other demands just may make it nearly impossible to get those meals in when you want (or rather, whenever you feel hungry). And if you aren’t adjusted to eating only whole foods all the time the cravings may really kill some, or they may go on horrible binges.

But the OP is only concerned with weight gain?? Just eat more calorie dense foods. Put 100% cream into your protein shakes. Eat fattier meats rather than lean ones. Take the option of junk food every now and then. Add peanut butter to your toast.

Just make changes slowly.