Anyone Here Ever Work for Bally's?

I just started a job with Bally’s and coming from the corporate fitness world, I’m not too sure about the company…it seems like its run by used car salesmen. If someone has actually worked there I’m just looking for the real scoop on the place, do they pay you while you’re out prospecting (I keep getting a run around answer from the GM), How much do they pay the trainers per session (again I keep getting a run around, which is why I’m less than sure about this place). Also no one there has a degree or any high level certifications, which concerns me quite a bit.

It should be pretty cut n’ dry what youy get paid. However, the way you describe it sounds like Goodlife Fitness here in Canada. I used to work at one here in Ottawa. Used car salesman mentality. With holding info from potential clients. I call it McFitness. The quality is shit, but over 1 billion sold bitch.

It’s all sales. The company went bankrupt, I think, and closed down like 10% of their gyms. Ownership has also changed hands many times. They have some very very very shady practices, like when you sign up for a membership, they take out a $1000 loan in your name, and your monthly dues go towards paying that off for like 3 years. I’m serious just google Bally’s credit scam.

I was a member until they closed my gym and told me to drive 20 miles to the next closest Bally’s. There are 3 other gyms with 1.5 miles of me. Canceling a membership is harder than brain surgery and takes like 3 months to do if you pay month to month. If you pay yearly or are in a contract, your fucked.

So, if your OK with screwing people’s credit, and pretty much stealing from them, go for it.

Goodlife practices some deplorable sales techniques. There is no set monthly fee…try asking them for a chart of their rates. They see how much they can get out of you before you walk out the door. Before I left for Japan I had become “friends” with some of the sales staff at Goodlife. We’d shoot the shit, exchange pleasantries…that kind of thing. Once I told them I was quitting, they basically ignored me from that point on

(To be fair, the general desk staff was always friendly, as they didn’t have any commission at stake)

What bothered me the most though were the personal trainers. I truly believe a lot of their clients would have been in better hands had they purchased a “Hulk Hogan Workout Set” from 1985 and a bottle of IcoPro. Not only was their “training” horrible, they would actually socialize with friends and co-workers DURING their sessions! Used to wonder how they could sleep at night, knowing they were milking x dollars an hour out of old retirees and housewifes.

[quote]kheaslim wrote:
It should be pretty cut n’ dry what youy get paid. However, the way you describe it sounds like Goodlife Fitness here in Canada. I used to work at one here in Ottawa. Used car salesman mentality. With holding info from potential clients. I call it McFitness. The quality is shit, but over 1 billion sold bitch.

[/quote]

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
Goodlife practices some deplorable sales techniques. There is no set monthly fee…try asking them for a chart of their rates. They see how much they can get out of you before you walk out the door. Before I left for Japan I had become “friends” with some of the sales staff at Goodlife. We’d shoot the shit, exchange pleasantries…that kind of thing. Once I told them I was quitting, they basically ignored me from that point on

(To be fair, the general desk staff was always friendly, as they didn’t have any commission at stake)

What bothered me the most though were the personal trainers. I truly believe a lot of their clients would have been in better hands had they purchased a “Hulk Hogan Workout Set” from 1985 and a bottle of IcoPro. Not only was their “training” horrible, they would actually socialize with friends and co-workers DURING their sessions! Used to wonder how they could sleep at night, knowing they were milking x dollars an hour out of old retirees and housewifes.

[quote]kheaslim wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]

I don’t want some faux hawk having, red bull sipping poor excuse for a man fitness manager seeing this online and try and get me for slander or something, but I will say this. They make you feel like you’re the devil if you think about ANYTHING other than your revenue. Now I was a trainer, not sales staff. No one gave a shit about any results I was getting my clients, it was all about the monthly revenue.

I do beleive they have a set membership fee, however their are deals every month so it may fluctuate in that regard. They will never tell you the price until you all but say you NEED to join and will join. They don’t tell you cuz its expensive as balls.

Fuck em Fuck em FFuck em FFFFuck em!

Goodlife is for the gays. they should call it Gaylife. McMetrolife.

LMAO if anyone knows the GoodLife here in T.O, the one at Keele and Finch, I went and got a free training there once because my usual place the Track and Field Centre was closed.

Typical pussy gym and got greeted by a David Spade look alike who tried to “evaluate” me when I said I might join. And like any commercial gym, they had a shit load of TVs and 90% of the people were doing cardio in front of the TV.

Nevertheless, I never wanted to join, just went in and got a free workout since you get a free trial. LMAO

I thought this said Rally’s lol…man I’m miserably hungry