T Nation

Anyone Here Been to Brussels?

I’m going for the weekend with some friends and was curious if you guys have anything to recommend doing there?

Thanks

I bought bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscle

[quote]StevenF wrote:
He was six foot four and full of muscle[/quote]

Jack Reacher?

Beautiful city. Crazy Night life.

Do you speak French?

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Do you speak French?[/quote]
Very little bit but when I’m drunk I suppose I’ll act like I am fluent.

[quote]HotShot818 wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Do you speak French?[/quote]
Very little bit but when I’m drunk I suppose I’ll act like I am fluent.[/quote]

Hahaha.

Not sure what kind of scene and music you’re into but Fuse is the most popular night clubs in Brussels. Great atmosphere, friendly peeps, hot babes, cheap drinks, techno/dance music. The Wax club is okay too.

There are other clubs such as The Kryptos and Millenium, if you don’t want to party downtown.

Have fun.

Lived there for over a year.

Belgium is basically a country of 2 halves. Half speak French and the other half speak Flemish (similar to Dutch) and there is a lot of rivalry. Brussels is the French part.

The Dutch part is much, much, much more fun. You need to head Antwerp. They have couches of dutch people arriving there for a night out and it is a better blast than Amsterdam. heres a club listing page for you http://www.cjp.be/nieuws/2010/03/27/clubs-antwerp
To put in bluntly, your more likely to get screwed senseless by a sexxy chick in Antwerp.

If you stay in Brussels, see if you can find out about a ‘Starge Party’ (Cannot remember the correct spelling). These are parties for all the students (mostly female) studying or spending time in the EU and Brussels Universities. They have cheap drink and you can choose the nation you have sex with like choosing where your gonna eat.

You could always go to the ‘Fuse’ as well http://www.fuse.be

Can offer more tips if you need them.

Yeah I’m studying in London for the semester so I might go to Antwerp a different weekend but the buddies wanted to hit up Brussels so we’ll be there friday and saturday night. This “starge party” sounds like a lot of fun har har

I live here, but am too old and married to be of much use. Just remember that beers here are at a different level, so rule no 1: Ban buying rounds if you go out as a group. You will have to pace yourselves. Delirium is a popular bar with about 2000 beers (in an alley off Restaurant Row).

[quote]StevenF wrote:

lol nice

Do you like tintin?

tweet

Van Damme does have an older sister. She used to have a hairdressers.

[quote]theBird wrote:
Do you like tintin?

tweet[/quote]

Someone say Tintin?

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]StevenF wrote:

Jack Reacher?[/quote]

Non, mais maintenant il est plus petit et plus faible et il est membre d’une nouvelle religion dont le nom est “Scientologiste”

[quote]Nards wrote:

Non, mais maintenant il est plus petit et plus faible et il est membre d’une nouvelle religion dont le nom est “Scientologiste”

[/quote]

Je n’aurai jamais imagine que tu puisses ecrire si bien Francais!

Oh… mais, t’es Canadien!

[quote]Nards wrote:

Someone say Tintin?[/quote]

Well…

What can I say?..

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:
Do you like tintin?

tweet[/quote]

Nards. You cant be MacGyver and tintin at the same time.

tweet

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

Well…

What can I say?..
[/quote]

Just say you love the dog. He’s real!

[quote]Nards wrote:

Just say you love the dog. He’s real![/quote]

You look just like him, haha! But the dog could have been a lil’ bit more… masculine?

:slight_smile: