T Nation

Anyone Heard of Barbie Barbell?

I’m just curious if anybody has heard of this girl powerlifter/ figure competitor called Barbie Barbell.

Yes

Yeah, her name’s Amanda Harris. She’s won a bunch of stuff. Only 19.

She posted on bodybuilding.com a long time ago, her form is worse than diesel weasels on deadlift. When people told her that she went crazy calling them names and sending tons of private massages insulting them.

I (personally) am not impressed with her.

She also lifts in a second-rate federation. WABDL = we ain’t bout to do legs

The name “Barbie Barbell” should give you an idea what she’s all about (hint it’s self promotion, not lifting)

[quote]Hanley wrote:
The name “Barbie Barbell” should give you an idea what she’s all about (hint it’s self promotion, not lifting)[/quote]

Yeah, when ever I see her lifting or pictures of here I cant help but think thats all it is.

She is like her dads cash cow, I remember seeing really provocative pictures of her at like 15 or 16 or something. And it made me a little sick that her dad was probably setting these photo shoots up.

Anyway, she cant lift anything without gear, and her form is horrible. She was really just a girl who found a federation where no one her age/weight class lifted in and so she set a bunch of “world records” which really just means she competed allot and had no one to compete against her.

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:

Anyway, she cant lift anything without gear, and her form is horrible. She was really just a girl who found a federation where no one her age/weight class lifted in and so she set a bunch of “world records” which really just means she competed allot and had no one to compete against her.


[/quote]

It’s disgusting isn’t it? I know someone else who did the same and then went on about all their national and world recrods.

nice deadlifts btw… those are the special TUT ones where you’re not supposed to lock them out and keep tension on the muscle right?

Powerlifting is all about the trophies. That’s why I am sure to sign up for every division.

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:

She was really just a girl who found a federation where no one her age/weight class lifted in and so she set a bunch of “world records” which really just means she competed allot and had no one to compete against her.

[/quote]

That’s the whole point of WABDL (besides catering to single lifters who are afraid to squat). Create 18 million divisions (and invent a new weight class) so that 90% of the lifters in their federation can have a “world record.”

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Mega Newb wrote:

Anyway, she cant lift anything without gear, and her form is horrible. She was really just a girl who found a federation where no one her age/weight class lifted in and so she set a bunch of “world records” which really just means she competed allot and had no one to compete against her.

It’s disgusting isn’t it? I know someone else who did the same and then went on about all their national and world recrods.

nice deadlifts btw… those are the special TUT ones where you’re not supposed to lock them out and keep tension on the muscle right?[/quote]

Im sure that video was just halting deadlifts…right?

i’d smash but her form is horrible

She uses this. Oh man. www.bigoxrox.com

Evidently the best way to awesome abs

And more proof that BF% are just garbage and 99% of them are BS

Yes, I give the girl credit for lifting the weights and competing, you can’t take that away from her. But I totally agree with you guys, she is far from being as impressive as she’s made out to be

Yeah, but this girl is doing some much heavier, and much more impressive lifting:

Impeccable form.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Yeah, but this girl is doing some much heavier, and much more impressive lifting:

Impeccable form.[/quote]

Awesome!

-dizzle

She just turned 17, and those photo shoots and shit she is doing is pretty disgusting I say. when I first heard about her last year I was intrigued until I saw the federation and how she lifts. Also, she should be focuses on gaining weight and not cutting and dieting for all these damn contests and shit.

The only thing remarkable about her is her self-promotion.

It would be better for powerlifting imo if she competed in USAPL and really set some records. The way she squats and deadlifts is not really a squat or a deadlift. She’s also way to young to be using that kind of gear anyhow.

not impressed with her at all anymore.

This link was on the right:

Now THAT’S something

Total self-promoting slut.