T Nation

Anyone Have This Problem in the Gym

Usually I have a great workout if he’s not there. Without that kid, the atmosphere is pleasing, the mirrors remain unscathed, the entirety of the gym rest in it’s natural state. On the contraire, when his prescence pollutes the gym, obliterates the mind, and causes focus and energy to evade my workouts.

The kid has ketchup-red hair that would piss on any untrained eye. He makes a white guy like me look much less so. His blotchy face would envoke anger upon the most devout pacifist. From head to toe, he is covered with with huge, welt-like freckles appearing as if an elephant’s asshole blasted him with light chocolate covered diahrreah. He is a collection of every unwanted gene and molecule assembled in the most terrifying way possible to create the hideous monster of a boy that I could not wish upon my worst enemy.

Yesterday I tried doing lateral raises with my eyes closed, but I heard someone walking beside me to pick up dumbells. I dropped my dumbells and opened my eyes only to find it wasn’t him. But my set was ruined. Then, I waltzed over to the cables to do some tricep pushdowns and made the mistake of looking into the mirror only to find that demon child WATCHING! I had never felt so raped in my life.

However, the worst was yet to come. With that little red-haired beast on the back of my mind, I attempted to blast out some front raises. Then, I felt a the air becoming diseased. “Oh shit!” I exclaimed as I jumped back as if I had seen a ghost. The tomato head was staring right at me and standing right beside me. He asked for a good biceps routine in an innocent voice. Little did he know I would not fall for that, and I ran out of the gym while I still had my own soul.

Could anyone offer me sound advice on how to block this…this feind from my mind? It’s driving me absolutely insane.

proceed with caution … the Gingers have no soul

Cartman, is that you?

[quote]polo77j wrote:
proceed with caution … the Gingers have no soul [/quote]

I really try to be cautious, but I have a set time to workout and one third of the time he is there, plauging the gym like aids. I don’t know about the soul thing, but he does seem other worldly.

I don’t have any gingers, but I do have a creepy dude with a Tourette’s winky eye spasm thing going on…

I just gouge my eyeballs out.

Man, I go through life everyday noticing people I just don’t like the looks of. Sometimes if I’m feeling particularly creative I’ll make up a whole life for them doing things I can’t stand. And the worst part? I’m probably right about them.

The gym is my sanctuary and I’ve changed my schedule to get away from people.

I have an MP3 on the way to help me ignore other people!

Can you post a picture of this thing?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Man, I go through life everyday noticing people I just don’t like the looks of. Sometimes if I’m feeling particularly creative I’ll make up a whole life for them doing things I can’t stand. And the worst part? I’m probably right about them.[/quote]

So, I was reading a story by Stephen King. I think it was Everything’s Eventual. He had a little forward before the short story describing how he came up with the story. Apparently this is how he comes up with a lot of his weird stories. He’ll see someone doing something peculiar, a little odd or off, whatever, and he’ll start to think of why this person has this idiosyncrasy and develops a story by doing this. In this particular story, he got the idea by seeing some guy throwing change into a storm drain.

Point is: Lanky, have you ever thought about writing a story?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Man, I go through life everyday noticing people I just don’t like the looks of. Sometimes if I’m feeling particularly creative I’ll make up a whole life for them doing things I can’t stand. And the worst part? I’m probably right about them.[/quote]

DUDE! I LOVE TO CHARACTERIZE PEOPLE!
Here is what I have conjured about this guy.

In a desolute forest in central wisconsin, a tree caught fire. A powerful bolt of lightning then struck the tree, forging a wooden boy. The flames in the upper branches never ceased, much like the burning bush in exodus. This freak occurance brought life to this wooden boy, void of a soul. The wooden, flamehaired boy wondered the forest and stumbled upon a magical elf. The elf spoke! “Since you have found me, I shall grant you one wish.”

The wooden boy then learned english and commanded, " I wish to assimilate into a society where I can be productive." The elf nodded, farted, then dissapeared. The wooden boy was overcame by the magical gasses, and was reared unconcious. We he awoke, he was in the gym located at northern kentucky university; the same gym where I workout. He saw many students hoisting weights.

Since he had never seen humans before, he did as they do. Since wood doesnt build muscle like humans, he never grew. Much like the elf’s fart, he still lingers there today.

^Isn’t that basically what he just did?

[quote]polo77j wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Man, I go through life everyday noticing people I just don’t like the looks of. Sometimes if I’m feeling particularly creative I’ll make up a whole life for them doing things I can’t stand. And the worst part? I’m probably right about them.

So, I was reading a story by Stephen King. I think it was Everything’s Eventual. He had a little forward before the short story describing how he came up with the story. Apparently this is how he comes up with a lot of his weird stories. He’ll see someone doing something peculiar, a little odd or off, whatever, and he’ll start to think of why this person has this idiosyncrasy and develops a story by doing this. In this particular story, he got the idea by seeing some guy throwing change into a storm drain.

Point is: Lanky, have you ever thought about writing a story?[/quote]

I’m not much of a writer, but I would like to write a movie. I feel like writing a movie doesn’t require a particularly large vocabulary (which I don’t have!).

I’m actually going to purchase Final Draft as soon as I finish getting my CPA license.

[quote]duhast234 wrote:

appearing as if an elephant’s asshole blasted him with light chocolate covered diahrreah. [/quote]

This was a little disturbing to me. How did you come up with chocolate-covered diarrhea?

DB

Ipod’s are great for blocking shit out. Plus, my gym has maybe 30 members tops and only about 15 of those go regularly. So I’m usually there by myself.

What

The

Fuck

???

[quote]The UK has one of the highest population percentages of redheads in the world, but words like “ginger” and “ginga” still roll off the tongue towards those gifted with this follicle rarity. Is it all just a bit of red-blooded fun or has Britain got ginger phobia?

The persecution of those with red, auburn or ginger hair is not a modern condition and has persisted throughout history and around the world. Just as often as redheads have been discriminated against they have also been upheld and praised. Socially, redheads have been stereotyped as being fiery, hot tempered and overtly sexual, and although it is clear that the way we act is not attributed to hair colour, history’s most famous “gingers” have helped to promote these ideas.

As early as the ancient Egyptians there is evidence of Cleopatra dying her hair red, continuing to impress redheaded stereotypes upon all those aware of her volatile nature and political prowess. A more recent and recognisable redhead is our own home grown Queen Elizabeth I who popularised red hair throughout 16th Century Britain. Even modern media has been affected by the recent influx of redheaded style icons such as Lily Cole, Axl Rose and Nicola Roberts inspiring people across the world to reach for the dye bottle.

However, whilst many famous redheads have inspired us, the everyday redhead on the street still faces some ridiculous and shocking challenges. In 2003 a 20 year old was stabbed in the back for being “ginger” and in 2007 a family of redheads in Newcastle were forced to move home after being targeted by neighbours for their hair colour. In a world preoccupied with political correctness and protecting the rights of people regardless of race, age or size, it is shocking to see a form of discrimination such as this overlooked by organisations like the Commission for Racial Equality, even though most people with red hair will experience anything from timid taunts to full blown violence throughout their lifetime.

The question is why are people with red hair targeted? The simple truth is that only 1 to 2% of the population is born with red hair, making them a minority. Throughout history society has victimised minorities. In other words, we, on a subconscious level, fear what is different and will victimise those who are different in any way to make ourselves feel better. As well as this, the victimisation and discrimination of redheads is still a crime largely beyond the reach of the law and until such time as it is recognised as unacceptable it will continue to be an issue.

Hate shouldn’t be a follicle matter and only we can stand up for the rights of those different to us, not just redheads but anyone who is born a little different to the norm - and isn’t everyone in their own way a little different? If we were all the same life would be horrifically boring so why not praise the differences between us? Red hair is rare and beautiful and anyone who targets those with it are most likely expressing a form of jealousy or, at the very least, showing that they have low self esteem that can only be improved by attempting to bring others down. So next time you go to use the “G” word ask yourself, have I got ginger phobia?[/quote]

i usually just stare at myself when im at the gym…only time i notice someone is when theyre on the machine i need. Then, i persuade them to vacate

Hate shouldn’t be a follicle matter and only we can stand up for the rights of those different to us, not just redheads but anyone who is born a little different to the norm - and isn’t everyone in their own way a little different? If we were all the same life would be horrifically boring so why not praise the differences between us? Red hair is rare and beautiful and anyone who targets those with it are most likely expressing a form of jealousy or, at the very least, showing that they have low self esteem that can only be improved by attempting to bring others down. So next time you go to use the “G” word ask yourself, have I got ginger phobia?

God will strike me down before I ever accept this foul race. I find it American to hate them. I feel more than attacked when I come in contact with them. Any other unique individual I can tolerate, but this race is too foul. I would rather perish by the sword than spend a day around a ‘ginger.’ Hate me for it if you choose, but I hate them for it because I choose. If there was a modern SS that persecuted gingers, believe me…I would have a new passion for a new career.

i dont wanna be mean dude, but that post kinda makes me think that you use som serious fucking drugs lol. if he really pisses you off, just punch him in the face, that what i do :smiley:

[quote]brauny96 wrote:
i dont wanna be mean dude, but that post kinda makes me think that you use som serious fucking drugs lol. if he really pisses you off, just punch him in the face, that what i do :D[/quote]

Kid you are sixteen. You dont know what serious drugs are.