Anyone Have Their Kid Sabotage Them?

Damn. I was doing regular bench presses the other day. Went out of the room for like 1 minute between sets and came back to find my kids screwing around on the bench. I shew them off and go to do another set at about 90% of 1RM.

I unrack the bar and then CLANG… The f’ing bench falls to a decline position. I was surprised to find that I didn’t have much trouble catching the weight and dealing with it. Instinct apparently kicked in, thank God.

Anyone else have something like that happen?

Nice that you don’t keep an eye on the kids when you leave the bench racked up with weight. This thread could have had a more tragic topic.

I was benching without a shirt and my dog came to say hello and put her furry nose in my armpit. I am very ticklish but managed to rack it just in time.

Dogs and children have no respect for bench-press.

I had just unracked and walked out a heavy full gear squat and my daughter comes into the garage and starts bitching about her sister. “Not now sweety”. Their timing is impeccable.

[quote]Jim W wrote:
Nice that you don’t keep an eye on the kids when you leave the bench racked up with weight. This thread could have had a more tragic topic. [/quote]

Yeah, I can tell you don’t have kids.

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
I was benching without a shirt and my dog came to say hello and put her furry nose in my armpit. I am very ticklish but managed to rack it just in time.

Dogs and children have no respect for bench-press.[/quote]

I had to laugh at this one. My Keeshond puppy did this to me a couple of times but she didn’t stick her nose in my armpit…Talk about an unwanted surprise.

In the past my 3yo would push down on one side of the bar when i’d be deadlifting.

ahhah ive definately had this before…i workout in my basement and my moms bedroom is right above my equipment…a delivery came to the door and we have to get these deliveries…and i have 405 on my back…shes just yelling at me to get the delivery and i cant make out what she’s saying…so im on my 3rd rep and im just yelling back at her while having this weight on my back…and i cant tell if she’s DYING or just wants something…so i rack the weight…i was so angry, get the delivery…takes 20 min. to get the shit outta the truck.

GO back to the rack…405 still on there…try to do one rep…I GET CRUSHED! weight is on the pins.
Right now I’m just losing fuses in my brain.
Take the weight off the bar…put the bar back on…warmup all over again, and squat 405x10 lol.

another time doing deadlifts…got some heavy music blastin this time…sister comes down and opens the door, and asks how she looks cause she’s goin out.
Just love to try to break the concentration that’s being put on…I just growled at her during the set haha.

This is why I have a keyed entry lock on the basement, keyed differently than the rest of house locks. For now it’s just so I won’t be disturbed. It’ll also keep the kids out of it (and keep them from getting hurt) when they’re older.