Anyone Have Swine Flu?

Just the regular garden variaty flu…I got it, then my son, then my wife. First time I’ve had the flu in ten years so I guess I was due.

Growing up when you had the flu you puked, had the runs and felt like hell for a few days, no sore throut.

When you had a cold you had a sore throte and hot and cold chills,high temp, no puking or the shits. How did this bug turn into both at once.

Can someone explain this to me, or is it my imagination.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
Just the regular garden variaty flu…I got it, then my son, then my wife. First time I’ve had the flu in ten years so I guess I was due.

Growing up when you had the flu you puked, had the runs and felt like hell for a few days, no sore throut.

When you had a cold you had a sore throte and hot and cold chills,high temp, no puking or the shits. How did this bug turn into both at once.

Can someone explain this to me, or is it my imagination.[/quote]

I’ve never had the flu…only colds. That’s why it always puzzled me when people would stay home because of the “flu”, when I’d never experienced it.

Speaking as an ER Nurse, its definitely on the rise. We are barely on the tip of “flu season” and we are getting more and more comfirmed cases as the days roll on. Its not really realistic to “stay away from everyone” for the next few months, but limiting your exposure to large crowds and people you suspect to be sick is the best way to avoid getting it. The vaccine is being shown at around 96% effective, so if that is your kind of thing you could go that route.

As a side note, the Swine flu is hitting people who are normally outside the curve (young, healthy men, pregnant women) harder and seems to be leaving the children and elderly with little more than a few days of misery. Pregnant women are experiencing a 900% increase in mortality compared to a regular flu. Keep your pregnant ladies home if you suspect they might get infected somewhere…Seriously.

And of course, hand washing, covering your mouth when you cough and staying home when you know you are sick are the best ways to avoid the spread.

Gastric flu makes Swine flu look like a birthday present

One of my closest friends (30 years) who also is my lifting partner had his brother in law die from it a week and half ago. He was 37 years old. I knew him a slight bit better then casually as my buds wife is also a good friend (we all went to high school together). He got remarried five months ago and left behind a son and daughter from his previous marriage. Two people have died from it in my town he had a history of seizures and a 21 year old diabetic girl.

D