T Nation

Anyone have Good Experience w/ Glucosamine Chondroitin?

I've got arthritis in both knees and I'm considering starting a regimen of GC and maybe Flameout. Any good lessons learned from the over 35 crowd? I'll be 35 in 11 months :).

I’ve had good experience with it, I also did other things like clean up my diet, strengthen my legs play wit ice and heat, so I can’t be sure of it’s exact efficacy, but I’d say 3 or 4 days after I started there was a noticeable difference.

Glucosamin and Chondroitin are okay for arthritis but I prefer using Cissus Quadrangularis(#1 rated for joints), Hi Tart Cherry Active, Boswellia Extract, and MSM. I may be forgetting something but I have arthritis in my wrists, knees, and hips. I find these supplements very helpful and superior to most others. I also buy them separately to get a higher dosage than is included in most combo products. Hope this helps. Look these supps up and the research behind them.

For me the G&C worked but it was real transient. Flameout seems like a good choice I keep intending on ordering but never seem to it done. I am taking Magnesium, B-complex, super omega 3 minis, D 3 and seems to be doing some good, I just started taking vitamins. First time I have tried to take vitamins with a specific purpose in mind ( joint health).

Glucosamine and chondroitin were a huge help with severe elbow pain. Improvement was noticeable in a couple of weeks and virtually all pain was gone in a month. That was over 15 years ago and I have been taking it ever since.

Since that time I have improved my bench form and have had very few issues. At $10 a month this supplement along with creatine have been the two best for the money I have ever found. Neither get advertised by supplement companies anymore because they have both become essentially commodity products that they don’t make much profit margin on. Instead they will advertise a bunch of BS blends designed to do the same thing (most don’t) for 4 or 5 times the price.

Gorilla- Nice find in the Cissus Quadrangularis I am going to give that a try.

Thanks Dude623. I know when I run out of Cissus because the arthritis kicks in a little bit more than without it.

I find cissus to be good for achy tendons and ligaments. Sprains seemed to heal twice as fast. Glucosamine and Chondroitin when the joint feels achy but doesn’t seem like any soft tissue damage. Tart Cherry Juice for sleep, and all around pain relief.

[quote]gorillavanilla wrote:
Glucosamin and Chondroitin are okay for arthritis but I prefer using Cissus Quadrangularis(#1 rated for joints), Hi Tart Cherry Active, Boswellia Extract, and MSM. I may be forgetting something but I have arthritis in my wrists, knees, and hips. I find these supplements very helpful and superior to most others. I also buy them separately to get a higher dosage than is included in most combo products. Hope this helps. Look these supps up and the research behind them.[/quote]

Is there a brand that stands out to you on the Cissus Quadrangularis? I’m checking labels and stuff, but tribal knowledge is always good to hear.

Thanks

SuperCissus is great but we’re not allowed to talk brands on here hence the T-Nation industry is compromised.

[quote]gorillavanilla wrote:
SuperCissus is great but we’re not allowed to talk brands on here hence the T-Nation industry is compromised.[/quote]

Thanks, I kinda ignore that mandate when there isn’t a competing Biotest product. I figure it’s not cool to come on here asking about what bar out there is better than a Finibar, but unless they come out with a GC product, I figure they wouldn’t care too much.

I appreciate the input.

Always want to help my brothers and sisters of the iron feel and function better. Stay strong.