Anyone Have Experience With Lasix?

I have a friend that competes in MMA. He asked me about getting him some Lasix for cutting water before weigh-in. I can get it for him, but I don’t think he knows how to dose, and I have no idea either. I don’t want to give it to him and screw up his fight…

Search Function

im not sure thats a good drug to take before a mma fight.

20mg of lasix and 400mg of potassium is the usual dosage. I use it before shows. As long as he drinks some water in between being weight in and the fight he will be ok. You need to take potassium to prevent and electrolyte imbalance which has put people in the hospital before.

[quote]jaredbr wrote:
20mg of lasix and 400mg of potassium is the usual dosage. I use it before shows. As long as he drinks some water in between being weight in and the fight he will be ok. You need to take potassium to prevent and electrolyte imbalance which has put people in the hospital before.[/quote]

and grave…lets not forget that part. :S

Gerdy

When I competed (late 90’s) I used the injectable form many times with no problem. I had a very good trainer at the time (same guy trained Ronnie Coleman early in his career and if you remember Tom Prince and others) anyway, I trusted the guy so I would take what he suggested. I would drink water right up to the prejudging, and also a carbo-electrolyte drink.

The stuff (lasix) works but if you do not take other preventative measures (such as water and some minerals) you can cramp up really bad. I have seen it and it is not pretty. However, it did do the job as I used to get really dry when using it.