Anyone Have a Good BF Calculator?

Just looking for a good method (US Navy? US Army?) or online calculator to figure out my body fat - any recommendations? I’m 5’7.5, 165-167 lbs, 30’ waist, 29’ hip, 25’ abdomen and 11’ neck, but I’d like to figure it out myself - a link would be great.

Dude, just eat and lift. You don’t need to worry about BF% right now.

[quote]blue_star_cadet wrote:
30’ waist, 29’ hip, 25’ abdomen and 11’ neck, [/quote]

Holy moly you’re like some sort of freak giant!!!

RUN!!!

Just looking for a good method (US Navy? US Army?) or online calculator to figure out my body fat - any recommendations? I’m 5’7.5, 165-167 lbs, 30’ waist, 29’ hip, 25’ abdomen and 11’ neck, but I’d like to figure it out myself - a link would be great.[/quote]

my neck is 11’ too, but you can’t see it

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
blue_star_cadet wrote:
30’ waist, 29’ hip, 25’ abdomen and 11’ neck,

RUN!!![/quote]

Insert forehead-slapping Worf picture right about… now.

[quote]SSC wrote:
NateOrade wrote:
blue_star_cadet wrote:
30’ waist, 29’ hip, 25’ abdomen and 11’ neck,

RUN!!!

Insert forehead-slapping Worf picture right about… now.[/quote]

I think WolBarret has link you can use. You should PM him for it.

Just google “us navy” and “body fat”

I put your data into the navy calculator and it says, that you are 8% body fat. (11´neck/25´abs/5´7.5"/16yo)But I don’t really trust these calculators. I always get the impression, that they are off by a couple of %. (For example the calculators says I am like 10%, but I look more like 15%)I would just pay attention to how visible your abs are, to determine your bf.

its not posible my body fat is 15% by us navy Calculator, but im all whith deep cuts … how to get my real BF % …?

I want to ask one question…

WHy do people even care at all about their bodyfat percentage? I mean at all?

To tell you the truth i dont know why all people want to know theyr BF , but i Personaly am intrestet how much i lost this season had how much i can lose more next on thats why im intrested in my BF :slight_smile:

[quote]Der Candy wrote:

WHy do people even care at all about their bodyfat percentage? I mean at all?[/quote]

mainly due to the linear interpolation of bodyfat % and coolness; i believe.

(EX: single digit % = fonz, 20%+ = that internet kid with the light saber dance from two years ago)

[quote]B rocK wrote:
Der Candy wrote:

mainly due to the linear interpolation of bodyfat % and coolness; i believe.

(EX: single digit % = fonz, 20%+ = that internet kid with the light saber dance from two years ago)[/quote]

So the higher bodyfat%, the cooler you are?

Just looking for a good method (US Navy? US Army?) or online calculator to figure out my body fat - any recommendations? I’m 5’7.5, 165-167 lbs, 30’ waist, 29’ hip, 25’ abdomen and 11’ neck, but I’d like to figure it out myself - a link would be great.[/quote]

If you post a picture of yourself holding a shoe on “rate my physique” forum then they can pretty accurately tell you what your body fat is.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:

WHy do people even care at all about their bodyfat percentage? I mean at all?[/quote]

I want to know because I can’t trust my perception and I want an objective measurement that is not lbs on the scale. It is also just another means for measuring progress.

Of course when the ‘objective’ measurement gives me different results depending on the source it becomes pretty useless. My calipers put me at 18%, the US Navy puts me at 20.2 and the zone website puts me at 19%. I suppose 2% isn’t too bad a range. Just the measuring tape around my waist is probably my best bet though.

11" neck, wow. Did he hear someone shout ‘eat!’

[quote]Andy63477 wrote:
I put your data into the navy calculator and it says, that you are 8% body fat. (11´neck/25´abs/5´7.5"/16yo)But I don’t really trust these calculators. I always get the impression, that they are off by a couple of %. (For example the calculators says I am like 10%, but I look more like 15%)I would just pay attention to how visible your abs are, to determine your bf.[/quote]

Yeah, I tried a few and they gave percentages that seemed way too low. I’m definitely higher than 8%, I look around 14-15% or something like that. Thanks for the advice.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:

debraD hit the nail on the head. Also, I wanted to have my percentage handy for a rough estimate of how much to take in every day.

[quote]Boffin wrote:
11" neck, wow. Did he hear someone shout ‘eat!’
[/quote]

Should I be eating past satiety?

Der Candy wrote:

debraD hit the nail on the head. Also, I wanted to have my percentage handy for a rough estimate of how much to take in every day.
[/quote]

How much of what to take in every day? At your stage the last thing you need to be concerned with is what some machine or caliper says. A simple look in the mirror should be enough to show that you need to eat a lot and lift heavy.

I seriously don’t see why someone should need to know their bodyfat number unless they are dieting for a competition. What is 12%, 15% or 16% going to tell you that a look in the mirror won’t?