T Nation

Anyone Have a Good 5day/Week Workout

Did ovt a couple months ago and had amazing results. I want to find a really intense maybe 2x a day workout (obviously different muscle groups) 4-5 days a week. Any recommendations?

Yeah bro here try this one!

Day 1... lift weights!
Day 2 lift weights!
Day 3 lift weights!
Day 4... rest maybe?
Day 5 lift weights!!!!
Day 6 lift weights!
Day 7 don't lift weights!

Make sure you combine this with a diet of eat food and gain bodyweight!

I have had pretty good success with the lift weights and eat food program. So you might wanna give it a go!

why are you posting this in a beginners forum? if you intend to train 8-10 times per week, you are no beginner.

since neither of them awnsered ur questions and decided to be idiots...ill show u my sechdule maybe u can build off of it.

*************4 day routine************

both halves can be done in one afternoon, theyre just different muscles is all...

&&Monday&&
-barbell bench press 3sets 6-8 reps chest
-incline dumbbell press 4 sets 10 reps
-forward lean Dip 4 sets 10-12 reps
-cable crossovers 4sets of 10-12 reps

&&Monday Second Half*&*&
-barbell curls 3 sets 6-8 reps bicep
-Hammer curls 3 sets 6-8 reps
-concentration curls 3 sets 8-10 reps
-incline curls 3 sets 10-12 reps
abbs

&&Tuesday&&
-leg press 4 sets 6-8reps Legs
-standing leg press 4 sets 6-8reps
-calf press 4 sets 15-20reps

&&Tuesday Second Half*&*&
-close-grip barbell press 4 sets of 6-8 reps Tricep
-one-arm triceps extension 4sets of 6-8 reps
-cable pressdown 4 sets of 6-8 reps
abbs

&&Wednesday*&*&
-bent over rows 3 sets of 6-8 reps lats/Romboids
-tbar rows 4 sets of 6-8 reps
-wide grip cable pulldowns 3 sets of 6-8 reps
-sitting cable rows 4 sets of 10-12 reps

&&Thursday*&*&
-military press 3 sets of 6-8 reps shoulder/trap
-behind head press 3 sets of 10-12 reps
-shrug barbell pull 3 sets of 8-6 reps
-shrug dumb-bell 4 sets
abbs

THE ABB ROUTINE
.3-5 sets of crunches&
reverse crunches.20 reps a set
depending on speed and contraction.

Hope you can take something from this =]

Thanks I appreciate it. I've only been lifting for 6 months total so I definitely consider myself a beginner. I knew I was going to get flamed like crazy...

I think I'll try this out next week. Thanks.

LMFAO. Please tell me this is a joke. Where are the squats?...Deadlifts?...The staples of any REAL beginner program? You have an "AB routine?" hahaha

Sorry for my input...I didn't realize this thread was going to become overrun by bro-tards. If the OP is seriously going to use your routine he doesn't want to learn to lift and he doesn't want to see results.

Why would you stop doing something that was working?

Who the hell would want to look like you? Apparently you're a 15 year old alcoholic. Stop giving advice.

And although my post was hilarious, it wasn't a joke. If you want to lift 5 days a week, you should probably try to develop some understanding of how your own body works/recovers. You don't need a pre-made program to be written out for you.

"-standing leg press 4 sets 6-8reps"

what is a standing leg press?

x2

biceps = 12 sets

quads = 8 sets

hamstring = 0 sets

Atleast you have some back work in there- wasn't expecting that lol....i'm no expert but i know that routine is BAD!!!

duuude, don't be stealing my program and giving it to newbz!

OP that will be 29.95

same thing as a squat but in a machine, I dont remember the name of it but ur on a bit of an angle and the wieght is behind u. It's similar to a squat

OP let me help you out real quick though you could probably find info similar to this on this site with a little searching. First I have no idea what OVT is. Second if you are really a beginner probably 4 days a week is plenty. I would recommend something like this:
Monday (legs):
Squat 6 sets
Leg Press 5 sets
Lunges 4 sets
Seated leg curl, glute, ham raises or some other hamstring related lift 5 sets

Tuesday (chest, tris)
Bench press 6 sets
Incline bench press 6 sets
A couple other tricep and chest lifts 5 sets or so

Wednesday (rest)

Thursday (back)
Dead lift 6 sets
Barbell rows 6 sets
Pull ups 3 or 4 sets
Something else like dumbbell rows or machine rows or rack pulls or shrugs

Friday (legs) yes again
Add strict standing overhead press for 5 sets to this though

Saturday and sunday - rest

Do something like this for several months and see bigger results that doing random isolation stuff like bicep curls and abs. Remember squats and dead lifts are your staples for putting mass on and getting strong. Lift heavy and eat until you are sick. I'm sure others will have different advice, but this is still pretty simple and should work. A fifth day could be added Saturday where you do some shoulder stuff, broceps and abz if you really feel the need to do them. Hope this helps.

Why not actually squat?

x3

why didnt u put any traps in this? or did u miss em??

TheLilGuy: I think the better question is: why does your routine not have any dead lifting or squatting? There are no substitutes for them. And the routine I posted does have trap involvement. Also drinking at your age is pretty stupid. I'm not sure if you are a troll or not. Don't expect any massive gains when you are, "gettin slizzard..."

To OP.

Starting Strength has all you need... Do it you wont regret it.

Do 5/3/1 and add biceps/forearms on a fifth day.
Conditioning to be done as the second workout in the day.