Anyone Have a Bulking Diet Written Up?

Ok, Im 19 5’10 160lbs. Im looking to have an intake of around 3500 calories, and around 300g Protein, split into 5 meals. I was wondering if anyone had a bulking diet written up for someone this follow. Im going shopping in 2 days so It would be helpful.

extra lean ground beef
chicken
wild salmon
omega-3 eggs
whey/casein protein powder

fruits
veggies

whole wheat bread
whole wheat pasta
oatmeal

eat up.

Really just construct your day so that you’re eating every 2-3 hrs with a protein and fruit/veggie combo

Be sure to get ample carbs post-workout.

I also include toast for breakfast and maybe one other time during the day.

You can check my T-Cell Alpha Thread about “What I’m Doing to Bulk” for more info.

Good luck growing on 3500 cals though. Maybe you can, but it took me 4500/day and that was when I was 167, I think I might need to bump to near 5000 soon.

Yea, i probably should shoot for 3500-4000 cals a day. Ill just incrase everything on this diet plan. Its the fisrt one

http://www.jimmythomas.com/training/members/bulkmain.htm

1.5 hrs of weights followed by 30 mins of intense cardio? sounds like overkill to me

Oh yea just ignore that, im going to be working out everyday for 2 hours except wednesdays and saturdays.

When bulking would it be best not to do cardio and just go hard for 2 hours in the weight room?

Anyways, if someone has a pretty good bulk diet thats around 4500 cals would be kind enough to post it?

[quote]jared530 wrote:
Oh yea just ignore that, im going to be working out everyday for 2 hours except wednesdays and saturdays.

When bulking would it be best not to do cardio and just go hard for 2 hours in the weight room?

Anyways, if someone has a pretty good bulk diet thats around 4500 cals would be kind enough to post it?[/quote]

How about you read the suggestions above and figure out how to get in 4500 calories on your own (i.e. don’t be a lazy fuck).

Ummm… Just eat a bunch of food boss. Stock up on chicken, beef, fish, ham, bacon, eggs, bread, oatmeal, pancake mix, maple syrup, milk, rice, and start cooking.

–Ok Let me know how this sounds, im going to train hard on the eating so I can get all of this down. I didnt have time to calulate protein/carbs/fats because its late and I want to sleep. Let me know, feel free to switch out/replace anything. Thanks!

MEAL 1 (9:30) Pre-WO/Breakfast
6 eggs
1-2tbs Olive Oil
1cup Oats
1 Banana
1 Multi & 1 Fish Oil

MEAL 2 (11:30) Post-WO
75g Protein
1 Cup Oats
Strawberries/Blueberries, all blended together

MEAL 3 (1:30) Lunch
1 Cup Ground Beef
Potatoes
Tomato Sauce
Broccoli

OR

6 Chicken Tenser
½ Cup low-fat cream of chicken
Potatoes
Broccoli

MEAL 4 (3:30) Afternoon Snack
75g protein
2tbs peanut butter

MEAL 5 (5:30) Dinner
Whatever mommy makes
(Lots of Vegies)

MEAL 6 (7:30) Evening Snack
1 Can Tuna
2 WW slices

Bed-Time Snack
½ Cup Cottage Cheese
Handful Almonds

Honestly I find it a huge waste of time to food log while bulking… Just Eat.

It is much, much less important to track what you eat when gaining weight because you dont need to be as accurate with the calorie count as when you are dieting… You just eat 6 times a day, and make sure to eat at leat 600 calories each time. Weigh in once a week and adjust cals if necessary.

As long as each meal doesnt start with pizza and end with ice cream you should be fine.

Ok, I was just making a log because I wanted to “guide” myself, so that I can be better at eating alot better than I currently do, and also to be eating good bulking food

[quote]jared530 wrote:
Ok, I was just making a log because I wanted to “guide” myself, so that I can be better at eating alot better than I currently do, and also to be eating good bulking food[/quote]

Thats good if you feel you need it, but I just cant fathom it for a weight gaining phase. Just make sure every meal has a good amount of protein, carbs if you can handle them, good fats, and is at least 600 cals. This will cover everything without tracking.

Although it may be beneficial to do a food log for a week to see what it really takes to eat that much consistantly.

As mentioned in the T-Cell thread, I find a log very helpful while I’m gaining weight.

It helps make sure that I reach my caloric goal for the day. If not I may be off by 500 cals or more.

:shrug:

that’s just me though.

Holy shit, Im halfway through my day and I dont know if I could eat this much. Its pretty much force fed around the evening area.

Did anyone have trouble starting bulking for the first time? Does it become easier?

It can be hard at first, but honestly now I have no problem whatsoever eating in excess of 3500-4000 cals. Especially when things like nuts are added into the count.

Peanut butter or almonds and milk make this en devour much easier…

also, whey shakes with eggs mixed in raw help add calories too…

[quote]Ratchet wrote:
Peanut butter or almonds and milk make this en devour much easier…

also, whey shakes with eggs mixed in raw help add calories too…[/quote]

I read that you absorb like 38% protein with raw eggs and like 95% with cooked eggs.

Also should I do cardio when bulking?

Make it easy - eat every 1 1/2 hours.

You are going to feel sick, if you don’t you fail.

After 6 months or leaning out, I am now bulking and I am loving this eating all day thing. At first it was tough, but now I am really enjoying the extra energy and strength in the weight room. After having to drop calories as low as I did to cut up, it’s amazing how much I need to eat to gain weight week to week now.