Anyone get the XBOX?

I just got an Xbox on Friday. They are awesome! Superior to a PS2 in every way! It plays dvd’s great(none of the problems associated w/ PS2’s). As for games, Halo is damn cool(unreal graphics) but hard as hell to play. NFL Fever is alright. I don’t like its gameplay and they extort the size of the players to where the lineman look like whales and the skinny punters look like Bill Kazmier. Other than the players the graphics are probaly better than any other football game I’ve ever seen. I’m still kind of partial to Madden 2002 b/c I’ve EA SPorts games for years so I’m used to the game play but even its a little different. Both football games have become more realistic(depends on gdifficulty settings though) and you can’t run and throw as you please anymore. Several of my friends have said that Gotham Racing is the best racing game ever made but I’ve never played it. Also, its not nearly as big and heavy as everyone lead me to believe; a little bigger than a PS2. My only complaint is the controllers but I’m getting used to them. Guys, a friend of mine said that he saw what looked like a PS2 shaped controller for the Xbox. Anyone know that that is?

ryan: yeah, xbox really surprised me. the demos i saw at the stores before it was released weren’t all that impressive. was really surprised when i popped halo and odd world in and saw the graphics. halo is hella cool… but like you said kinda tough in spots. i haven’t had a chance to check out the sport games yet, i have a lot of rentals ahead of me. i also heard good things about gotham racing. as far as the controller, i didn’t like it at all at first. now that i got used to it, i like it. i have seen other companies (mad catz, interact, pelican)with controllers for the xbox but they all are similar to the xbox controller, just not as thick and buttons farther apart. haven’t seen one similar to the PS yet.

BusterK9, yeah I kinda thought that a PS2 shaped controller was bogus. Oh well. Anybody played Dead or Alive 3? I’m looking for a good fighting game for my little brother. He loves Tekken, and Dead or Alive 3 looked similar to it so I think I’m going to get him that unless you guys have any other suggestions. I just realized that it was really stupid on my part to buy an Xbox now b/c I have finals this week and I have to put off my games until Saturday. Cest la vie.

ryan: i played the demo of DOA3 and it seemed pretty cool. i don’t tend to like those type of games but was kinda liking that one. i think your little bro would be happy with it. this xbox is addictive man. where did you find yours by the way? i found mine at kmart. i was surprised they had any.

As one of ther few who bought a Dreamcast, i already have Gotham City Racing, it was originally released as Metropolis Street Racer on the DC. Let me just say, rent this one before you buy it. The “Kudos” point system sucks, and it takes all the fun out of a game when the only way to get a head in later levels is to exploit a flaw in the system to rack up the points needed to open new cars. Unless they overhauled the Kudos system, don’t bother buying this one.

BusterK9, thanks for the info about DOA3. I’ll probably buy it since there is only one other fighting game for the Xbox. I have a friend that works at WalMart and he called me the morning they got their second shipment in. Its good to know people. You’re right about it being addictive. I shouldn’t have gotten it last week b/c I have finals all week this week and it will have to go on the backburner until Saturday.

hey ryan: good luck with the finals. the xbox will be a good break from it all when you are done.

Their is a converter being made that will allow a PS@ controller to be plugged into XBOX, according to IGN dot com

I had a PS2 and my X-Box blows it away! It is definitely the standard. Not only is the machine ALOT more powerful, the DVD is alot higher quality.

yea i got one w/ halo on the 7th… pretty sweet.