Anyone Fighting Baldness?

As long as you don’t have a thick neck like Kurt Angle. Cuz then you’d look like an uncut penis.

Go bald. Nothing wrong with it.

Started going bald in my teens actually, At about 23 I had VERY obvious male-pattern baldness going on. I usually kept it short, but one day I found myself trying to maneuver the hair to cover a little more scalp, and at that point I realized I was only a few steps away from full blown comb over.

I decided that night to shave it and never looked back. Only problem is you gotta shave so often. I kinda liked only cutting my hair once ever 2 months or so. Im in the “hurry up and fall out so I dont need to shave” camp too.

Its a very tough first cut, very tough… but after a week or two of the look it grows on you. Not to mention we live in a time where baldness is actually cool now. Lots of hollywood types rockin it so its garnered a bit more sexiness than it used to have I think.

i hate it im losing all mine too. ive been pondering all week just shaving it from now on… from thick and wavy to nothing! ;# i think you can see it on my avatar too lol!

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
As long as you don’t have a thick neck like Kurt Angle. Cuz then you’d look like an uncut penis.

Go bald. Nothing wrong with it.[/quote]

thick neck, Bald head are actually an awesome combination.

My father had a receding hairline by age 24! And my hair began thinning at about that age(26now). I’m watching my diet more than ever, but if it doesn’t improve over the winter I’m shaving it in spring to get it tanned by summer.:slight_smile:

I used to get ragged on when I had hair about going bald. Shaved it all off and the jokes stopped, go figure. I look 5 years younger with no hair (When i color the gray out of my beard, lol)

[quote]rakris wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:

Go bald. Nothing wrong with it.

thick neck, Bald head are actually an awesome combination.[/quote]

Agreed. Skinny guys with bald heads just look sick.

All you guys who can still grow hair and complain that you have to shave it, you go to hell, you go to hell and you die! Ok, maybe that was a bit harsh.

To the OP, don’t fight the baldness, embrace it. Shave it and move on. Chicks dig baldies, they are always rubbin’ my head. I actually can’t imagine what it’s like to comb hair anymore.

Never use Rogaine/minidoxil unless you are prepared to use it for life. I have posted good information on impeding baldness naturally in an other thread: indonesian scalp massage, eggs+yoghurt, castor oil, biotin+panthothenic acid, etc. Read that if your baldness bothers you.

Some chicks go ONLY for bald guys (have known a few) probably depending on whether they watched movies with jason Statham, Vin Diesel, Yul Brynner or if their fahers were bald, etc etc whatever…and MOST chicks (if not all) don’t mind a bald head ONE BIT because the “bald man syndrome” usually comes with a good body, face, intellect whatever (i.e. the guy usually compensates in other ways just like a shorter dude)…so if you’re happy being a “chrome dome” go for it but make it work for you. Market yourself as a sex symbol and watch how many flock to you. As long as youre not a pencil neck of course. No one likes a pencil neck with thick glasses (with or without hair)

Who is Odin?

If you can’t grow it; keep it short and clean.

[quote]Mr2Geez wrote:
I started losing my hair in my early twenties. I am now 27 and up until a few years ago I had tried all kinds of shampoos, topical treatments, etc…Two years ago I bought the bullet and got a prescription for Propecia. It stopped the hair loss dead in its tracks. The downside is that I have to shell out $250 every three months. Luckily I stopped the hairloss before I had that weird thinning but not quite bald look. At that point I would have just shaved it.[/quote]

Same here. Been taking Propecia for years and haven’t lost anymore (started early when it started to recede a little; no bald spots). Works great for me.

Also, I just switched to the generic form, Finasteride, that I get from Costco. Four months supply costs $85. Comes in 5mg tablets, so I just take a quarter tab a day. Part of the morning ritual after showering. If you’re set on using the brand name, though, drugstore.com sells three months supply for $180.

Lastly, a lot of people can actually regrow hair by taking Propecia (or Finasteride) and using Rogaine. My step-father was able to. Grew enough back, then stopped the Rogaine and continued with the Propecia. (Rogaine can be a pain in the ass). None of the shampoos did anything for me.

Well, my hair’s starting to thin out a bit (hairline is OK though), will probably progress a bit in the next five or so years.

Nothing noticeable, but I’m a narcissistic bastard.

Best solution when the time comes: follicular unit extraction. Take a look at the procedure…

My hair is so Glorious and thick… when I went to get it cut a women asked if she could take the hair that was cut to make a wig for her husband because hes as bald as a cucumber. Ill never go bald :slight_smile: I think i need to get it thinned so its not so hard to wash lol.

She was being nice. She probsbly needed something to replace the bristles on her broom.

[quote]Petermus wrote:
My hair is so Glorious and thick… when I went to get it cut a women asked if she could take the hair that was cut to make a wig for her husband because hes as bald as a cucumber. Ill never go bald :slight_smile: I think i need to get it thinned so its not so hard to wash lol.[/quote]

Can’t relate to the op seeing as I have a full
set of hair as well as my dad and he’s 60. But Can’t help wondering that we could put a man
on the moon but not be able to find a cure for mpb. Its 2008, how long is it gonna fucking take?!

As bad as it maybe for all of you baldies, terminal patients would die to be in your position(no pun intended) Baldness is really not a bad thing when you put things in perspective. So, STFU!

[quote]JGerman wrote:
Who is Odin?

If you can’t grow it; keep it short and clean. [/quote]

An ancient Norse/Germanic god that required human sacrifice.

Minoxodil and Nioxin…2 staples to stop the Cue-Ball effect.

Life itself is a terminal illness. Where do you draw the line? 1 month? a year? 2 years? 10 years?

[quote]nomorewar wrote:
Can’t relate to the op seeing as I have a full
set of hair as well as my dad and he’s 60. But Can’t help wondering that we could put a man
on the moon but not be able to find a cure for mpb. Its 2008, how long is it gonna fucking take?!

As bad as it maybe for all of you baldies, terminal patients would die to be in your position(no pun intended) Baldness is really not a bad thing when you put things in perspective. So, STFU![/quote]