Anyone Ever Cleanse?

I mean, I haven’t had a colonoscopy, but I know that on days four and five, after I hadn’t had a real meal in almost a week, there was still a frightening amount of substance to my morning bowel movements. Maybe that’s just me.

Like the man said, try a colonoscopy, that’s all the cleanse you need-- with video to prove it too!

Want a good cleanse? Make an appointment to have a colonoscopy. The ‘prep’ cleanse is all you need…

[quote]storey420 wrote:
Anyone who follows the info on this site(which you should be by now if ya wanna make any progress) as far as eating six protein(animal based) meals per day would benefir immensely from a yearly cleansing not only for internal health but more important for you hardcore ironheads/meatheads clearing stagnant waste will allow for better protein absobtion/utilization![/quote]

Amino acids are absorbed in the jejunum, not the colon.

The colon dewaters feces and absorbs vitamins and minerals.

Your body takes 18 to 30 hours to digest food from eating to excreting for a normal healthy person.

If you really want to rotorooter your colon then do this, for breakfast eat a huge bowl of oatmeal water only no milk or fruit, for lunch and dinner eat as much iceburg or Romain lettuces as you can, drink as much water as you can all day long.

On the second day do not eat anything, instead get a glass of cold water and add 3-4 heaping table spoons of Psyllium seed, uncut/milled, it will go down like snot but hold on to it. Over the next few hours just drink water until it hits, congrats your colon is now polished. Go eat some real food, solid, high fiber like 12 grain bread and turkey.

I know 4 people that have done cleanses and they all had good results and recommend it. I haven’t done one myself only because I’m lazy and don’t think I could go that long without messing it up by doing something I’m not supposed to do while on it.

All 4 said that they lost 4lbs or more, feel more energized, have a clearer head, and have less stomach/digestive irritation. One of these people was my brother who has IBS. He said it’s done wonders for that issue.

It makes sense to me. It makes since to try, at the very least. It’s not going to hurt you and you could benefit a great deal. Sounds like a no brainer. I’ll give it a shot.

I also agree with Morpheous about modern medicine and big pharma. They’re definitly stroking each others johnson’s. If you go back 50+ yrs. medicine was more about wellness and how to maintain a healthy lifstyle. Now it seems more about sickness/disease and what pill can “we” give you to “treat” that disease. It’s not that they don’t know, it’s just that there’s no money in “well” people.

There needs to be more restrictions on these pharmaceutical companies. According to the commercials I saw last night, I have about 6 new diseases lol.

(sorry for rambling and getting a little off topic) :slight_smile:

Here have some anti-anxiety medication

(side effects include anxiety)

yes i actually saw this on TV

[quote]BlindSide6 wrote:
I mean, I haven’t had a colonoscopy, but I know that on days four and five, after I hadn’t had a real meal in almost a week, there was still a frightening amount of substance to my morning bowel movements. Maybe that’s just me. [/quote]

This is the “cleanser”.

[quote]Hawkguy wrote:

There needs to be more restrictions on these pharmaceutical companies. According to the commercials I saw last night, I have about 6 new diseases lol.

(sorry for rambling and getting a little off topic) :)[/quote]

Pharmaceutical companies already have tons of restrictions. It is the supplement companies that have none.

Any yahoo can sell floor sweepings and call it a cleanser.

You can debate this all day, but in the end, this should do the trick…

I simply do not understand why I cannot simply consume ample fiber (beans, lentils, oatmeal, vegetables, etc) and still have a healthy colon. Beats the piss out of starving myself.

I will make this simple. anybody that is for this nonsense is a brainless yuppie. you consumerist neanderthals are falling for the same stuff you make fun of your grandparents and great grandparents for falling for.

Hygiene firstly is mostly a myth. the pursuit of feeling clean is innate in all humans and is bs. we can see what happens when this goes wrong. ocd, religious self loathing. many saints suffered from ocd.

The cleansing stuff is no different than that kellogs freak that used enemas and vegan diets to treat mental disorders. and past then other methods of hygiene taken to extremes have been used to “clean the mind”. it is all related

I was going to type something up, but this article does a good job at debunking cleansing:

There are other articles out there if you care to find them. There is NO basis for “cleansing” the body. There is no fecal matter stuck to your colon. Removing shit from your colon does not increase subsequent absorption.

Blood letting, leeches, ipecac, laxatives, saunas, hydrotherapy. they are all connected to the feeling of purging. it is an irrational mechanism in our mind. just look at ancient medicine and modern witch doctor medicine

[quote]eremesu wrote:
blood letting, leeches, ipecac, laxatives, saunas, hydrotherapy. they are all connected to the feeling of purging. it is an irrational mechanism in our mind. just look at ancient medicine and modern witch doctor medicine[/quote]

Who would listen to their mind anyway? If it’s not rational it is wrong?

Psyllium Husks in tablet form are a ‘supplement’ I use regularly (no pun intended).

Why?

Because I don’t always get a salad or high-fiber meal in even though I’m always good on protein.

I started taking them when I was doing Atkins, as it was the ‘failsafe’ that things would stay regular.

I am not saying I’m backed up, caked in/on, whatever, but obviously some of us need a little more help making sure we get enough fiber.

Plus, the tablets don’t ‘go down like snot’ as mentioned before in reference to the mixable stuff.