Anyone Else Unsymmetrical?

I have one shoulder that’s significantly broader than the other… the trap on the short side is significantly smaller too. It’s kinda jacked up. Any other T-abominations like me out there?

Don’t look now, but you also seem to be missing your legs from the knees on down.

I’d suggest trying to find the root of the problem and going from there.

I have injured my left shoulder numerous times, and as a result suffer from a lot of instability in the joint. To compensate for the weakness in my shoulder my left arm seems to work harder and is bigger than my right arm.

That’s what I tell people anyways. There is actually a much simpler reason why my left arm is bigger…

My left clavicle is shorter than the right and crooked - broke it in a bike accident and the doctor said there’s no sense in setting it. None of my muscles seem to look funny because of it, though. I even have a paper from the Polish military certifying I’m “deformed without handicap”. Yeah! I got another one certifying I’m sane, that’s even better!

It only bothers me with horizontal pressing - I can’t bench, do flyes or dips without serious pain. I can do floor presses, pushups and high incline presses.

Traps are about the same height and thickness but the left is shorter.

I have some spinal issues(ie it’s not straight haha) and subsquently have some imbalances all over my body. Such is life, nobody notices unless I point it out so I’m not too worried about it. Even many of the guys on the Mr. Olympia stage has some symmetry issues.

I too have injured my left shoulder several times and broken that clavicle as well so my left side is a bit behind my right. I have a very small lat because of the injuries and am currently working to “catch” it back up with the right.

what kind of exercises do you do? If you deadlift , and always use the same over/under grip with the same side, then your shoulder/trap will be larger for one side. Other than that, start using more dumbell work.

Most people are asymmetrical to some degree.

Even Arnold had some symmetry issues with his biceps… No biggie.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
I have some spinal issues(ie it’s not straight haha) [/quote]

You know, I don’t think my spine is straight either.

I mean I have scoliosis. I know what you mean though, nobodies is straight.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
I have some spinal issues(ie it’s not straight haha) and subsquently have some imbalances all over my body. Such is life, nobody notices unless I point it out so I’m not too worried about it. Even many of the guys on the Mr. Olympia stage has some symmetry issues. [/quote]

Yate’s left lat is smaller than his right in you avatar.

I had one trap higher than the other. A former body builder suggested doing everyday activities, drinking, brushing teeth, etc., with my left (non dominant) hand. That helped even them up. Do not know why, do not care.

Left tricep is bigger than right,

Left bicep is smaller than right.

I are a conundrum.

My left nut is larger AND hangs lower than the right. What exercise can I do to correct this embarrassing issue?

ya I got this problem too. I throw indoor hammer weight and throw over left shoulder, my left trap is at least inch higher on left side, and I’m pretty sure that has something to do with it. I just noticed this after someone pointed it out to me. I’ve decided to do extra trap work for right side, hopefully that evens things out.

I have scoliosis like many of you. My right hip is slight higher than my left. The left side of my back, the large muscle running vertically (i don’t know the name) is larger than on the right. Also, the right side of my neck is always tight.

Everyone has symmetry issues. I saw Vladamir Janda once point out every single asymmetry on a physical therapist at a seminar. It took almost 2 hours.

This guy also looked pretty normal at a quick glance. Don’t worry about every little thing. Take care of the big stuff and you’ll be okay.

My left butthole is clearly larger than the right butthole.

“My left butthole is clearly larger than the right butthole.”

HAHA you only have two buttholes, freakshow.