Anyone Else Tired Of The Rock

My older son just started liking Moana. I hadn’t seen it and first heard one of the songs in the car. Then I saw it and realised Dwayne Johnson was the singer. I was actually surprised he could sing as well as he can. I mean, he’s not joining Boyz2Men anytime soon but his version is a lot better than some of the trainwreck versions of that song I’ve heard.

Anyway, it is now on constant rotation and annoys the fuck out of me haha

The Rock is a way, way, way better actor than Arnold. His movies are way, way, way worse than Arnold’s.

Haha Arnold had his share of stinkers as well.

Good God watch Hercules goes bananas
It is a masterpiece!

1 Like

“The Running Man” comes to mind first and foremost. Excellent film idea (based on a decent book) - terrible execution.

1 Like

The Rock is superb. His work ethic is terrific. I liked Ballers.

He’s a victim of the times man … the movies today aren’t fueled by coke and testosterone like in Arnold’s day

3 Likes

Arnold had the benefit of working with James Cameron movies and John McTiernan. I don’t think DJ has worked with any truly great directors, though James Wan and Justin Lin are pretty good.

Since this thread started, I’ve watched and been entertained by Baywatch, Rampage, and Skyscraper. They are by no means good movies; just dumb, fun action flicks.

The Titan Games is pretty cool too from what I’ve seen on youtube.

2 Likes

I want to be entertained and The Rock delivers that. I like cheesy one liners, action, and humor.

I also enjoy watching The Expendables. It’s just terrible stuff, but I find it highly amusing. I think Stallone knew that going in, and it still hit its mark.

1 Like

I don’t understand how it’s possible to not like The Rock. Pain & Gain is the only truly terrible movie of his that I can’t stand.

1 Like

Another negative Ginger-American reference. le sigh… The Ginger Anti-Defamation League will be contacted and hopefully as humanitarians, we can put a stop to all this hate.

BUT - I want to go on record that i am a total fan of The Rock, and yep - he is totally overplayed in everything, and makes mostly terrible movies, but he’s a cartoon character at this point, and making millions. Good for him.

And if his physique gets some of these fatties off the couch, then good for all of Merica~

amirite?

2 Likes

[quote="polo77j, fueled by coke and testosterone like in Arnold’s day
[/quote]

Ahhh - the good ol days~

I also insulted step-children. Don’t leave them out!

1 Like

OOh - good point.

dammit~

I think we can agree to assign blame to Marky for that one.

1 Like

I’m cool with the the Rock. I don’t watch a lot of his movies, but he’s not a bad actor, pretty good actually.

But I LOVE the show Ballers. If you haven’t seen it, you’ve been missing out!