Anyone Else Take Cold Showers?

I always take cold showers. Been doing it every shower for the last year and a half. Few exceptions, feeling ill or nauseous; it’s VERY cold outside; or I’m sharing a shower with a girl. With those exceptions, every shower is a cold shower.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
If I stay in too long I itch like a motherfucker when I get out.

I’m allergic.[/quote]

Are you serious? Cause this happens to me too sometimes[/quote]

You probably won’t see hives unless you have a more severe reaction, just redness/itching.[/quote]

I think I have this except the opposite! If I get too warm and cant cool down (like a spa, hot shower or even sometimes when I workout) I get kind of blotchy red skin that is very annoying.

hmmmm…[/quote]

^^That is so what I have!

[quote]angry chicken wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
But seriously, I’ve seen Brock Lesnar jump into a bathtube of ice after training. Not quite the same as a cold shower but I’m sure it’s the same sort of deal. Must help.[/quote]

Talk about shrinkage… LOL

I do it after I hit the gym (for the reasons mentioned above) or if I’m showering before an important business meeting or closing. They say business is war… It’s kind of like a ritual I have before I put on my suit (armor) and go to the negotiation table (battle). It helps put me in the correct frame of mind and keeps me sharp. I completely change personalities during that time - Weird, right? LOL[/quote]

it is weird but it has not gone unnoticed. Gist of the study is a person sitting in a hard chair is a hard negotiator. A person sitting in a soft chair will get taken for a ride.

The other interesting one was that people rated a job applicant based on his resume. One group got the resume on a 12 ounce clipboard and the other got a 4 pound clipboard. The group rated the heavy resume better even though it was the same resume.

The way this is being interpreted is that your brain subconsciously makes an association between tactile cues and FUCKING METAPHORS IN LANGUAGE. That blows my mind. Negotiotors become “hardened” in a hard chair. The weighty resume reads like a “weighty matter” of importance. AC becomes “cold” as ice.

I’m a luke warm shower guy due to the skin issues, I dry out and get itchy after too hot a shower. I fucking hate being cold, so maybe I’ll start dropping in more cold showers to toughen up. Also if it raises test and some of the other benefits you are mentioning, it will be worth the 3 minutes of discomfort. I don’t know if I can sling it in the winter though. It gets fucking cold in upstate NY.

V

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
Yep, aka James Bond showers. Pretty much after every shower, I turn it as cold as it will go and endure about 3 minutes. There have been a few German studies showing it raises testosterone, improves circulation, boosts the immune system and a couple other things.[/quote]

Serious? I better do it more often then. I usually only keep it cooler after the gym and I’ve done that cold water blast for about a minute or so.

I have wondered though would a hot shower or cold shower help you sweat less afterwards? Pimp, your from Japan so I know in June/July it gets pretty humid, how do you stop sweating after the gym? Sorry, anyone can answer this question.
[/quote]

If you’re losing or trying to lose weight, don’t think ya want to cool your core down, that is the whole point of working out. Plus sweating is a natural AC for your body. So, yeah taking a cold shower is nice, but trying to cool your core down is just gonna cut down on fat loss.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

I’m allergic.[/quote]

You probably won’t see hives unless you have a more severe reaction, just redness/itching.[/quote]

I think I have this except the opposite! If I get too warm and cant cool down (like a spa, hot shower or even sometimes when I workout) I get kind of blotchy red skin that is very annoying.

hmmmm…[/quote]

It’s called a heat rash, and I only thought babies got that.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Only after workouts in the summer months.[/quote]

Seconded. Nothing better than a cool shower in the summer or a scalding shower in the winter.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

I’m allergic.[/quote]

hmmmm…[/quote]

It’s called a heat rash, and I only thought babies got that.[/quote]

That’s how I used to feel about breast milk, but boy was I wrong.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

I’m allergic.[/quote]

hmmmm…[/quote]

Yeah I always thought it was a heat rash as well until I read that previous wiki article. Pretty much described all my symptoms though.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

I’m allergic.[/quote]

hmmmm…[/quote]

Yeah I always thought it was a heat rash as well until I read that previous wiki article. Pretty much described all my symptoms though.
[/quote]

Most people don’t know about this shit. Even your GP will look at you like you’re nuts if you tell him you think you’re allergic to temperature.

Zyrtec should help, if you know you’re going to be in the situation, like training outside on a hot day. The other antihistamines aren’t as effective. I still can’t run in the cold without my throat/mouth getting fucked.

^^I dont have any respiratory issues just the annoying splotchy redness thing. Its more annoying than anything else and goes away after a half hour or so

[quote]gregron wrote:
^^I dont have any respiratory issues just the annoying splotchy redness thing. Its more annoying than anything else and goes away after a half hour or so[/quote]

Yeah, the antihistamines should help with that. My skin is fine when I take them. I assume the muscosa are more sensitive, which is why I still get that.

Sucks though. Like really itchy hives in your throat. Even happens a little when I eat ice cream.

When I moved into my new house in april, we didnt have any heat or gas for a week. I just got used to ice cold showers and I liked how refreshing it was.

I would always look pale white after bec the blood rushed to the organs. But after we got our gas and heat the water got warmer even on the lowest setting. :frowning:

If I look at myself too long in the mirror I need a cold shower.

^^LMAO

Only back in the days when I was a pet detective and I’d realize that some of the people I was tracking were actually the same person, and the one I thought was a female was actually a male. I’d usually burn my clothes also while I was taking the cold shower.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
Only back in the days when I was a pet detective and I’d realize that some of the people I was tracking were actually the same person, and the one I thought was a female was actually a male. I’d usually burn my clothes also while I was taking the cold shower.[/quote]

2 mins hot 2 mins cold repeat for 16 minutes which is funny cause I always say to do it for fifteen but it really comes from Ian King- do this after for recovery only sometimes. I like the epsom salt bath too after deadlifts.

16 minutes in the shower? What are you a chick? lol