Anyone Else Take Cold Showers?

I always do. I am usually always hot and cant take even luke-warm showers because they make me too hot. I noticed people commenting on being hot/running hot in the “big, strong and sexy” thread… then there was the back sweating thread so it made me wonder who else here is a cold shower guy?

The weird thing is whenever I go take my body temperature its always 97 degrees and not your “normal” 98.6… yet I’m always hot

Anyone have any experience with this?

Yep, aka James Bond showers. Pretty much after every shower, I turn it as cold as it will go and endure about 3 minutes. There have been a few German studies showing it raises testosterone, improves circulation, boosts the immune system and a couple other things.

The James Bond shower huh? I’ve never heard that before… I like it

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
Yep, aka James Bond showers. Pretty much after every shower, I turn it as cold as it will go and endure about 3 minutes. There have been a few German studies showing it raises testosterone, improves circulation, boosts the immune system and a couple other things.[/quote]

Serious? I better do it more often then. I usually only keep it cooler after the gym and I’ve done that cold water blast for about a minute or so.

I have wondered though would a hot shower or cold shower help you sweat less afterwards? Pimp, your from Japan so I know in June/July it gets pretty humid, how do you stop sweating after the gym? Sorry, anyone can answer this question.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

I have wondered though would a hot shower or cold shower help you sweat less afterwards? Pimp, your from Japan so I know in June/July it gets pretty humid, how do you stop sweating after the gym? Sorry, anyone can answer this question.
[/quote]

Not in my experience. You’d probably have to stay under the cold water for 30 minutes plus to have any effect on your core temperature.

And in answer to your question, I don’t. I sweat like an absolute pig after the gym, even in the winter, and there isn’t much I can do about it

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

[/quote]

Not in my experience. You’d probably have to stay under the cold water for 30 minutes plus to have any effect on your core temperature.

And in answer to your question, I don’t. I sweat like an absolute pig after the gym, even in the winter, and there isn’t much I can do about it[/quote]

Damn. Thanks for that. In Singapore, the humidity is present all the time, so I’m sweating for a few hours after the gym. I take this to mean I have good circulation, my core is trying to cool down and the metabolic resistance training I did in the gym worked :slight_smile:

Yep, aka James Bond showers. Pretty much after every shower, I turn it as cold as it will go and endure about 3 minutes. There have been a few German studies showing it raises testosterone, improves circulation, boosts the immune system and a couple other things.[/quote]

Do the exact same thing, was recommended by Dan John as a great recovery tool. Really reduces inflammation and soreness if I’ve had a heavy workout the day before

I only take cold showers when I need to curb my thoughts of little boys…

But seriously, I’ve seen Brock Lesnar jump into a bathtube of ice after training. Not quite the same as a cold shower but I’m sure it’s the same sort of deal. Must help.

Only after workouts in the summer months.

Only after I hit the sauna.

If I stay in too long I itch like a motherfucker when I get out.

I’m allergic.

Its supposed to dry your skin a lot less than a long hot shower. I try and take very short lukewarm slightly chilly showers.

Shit my body temp is always between 97 and 97.5, and I take cold showers cuz I’m always hot.

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
Shit my body temp is always between 97 and 97.5, and I take cold showers cuz I’m always hot.[/quote]

Do you eat a lot of carbs? I have a lower than average body temp, but whenever I eat lots of carbs I’m really fucking hot.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

I’m allergic.[/quote]

Are you serious? Cause this happens to me too sometimes

[quote]therajraj wrote:
But seriously, I’ve seen Brock Lesnar jump into a bathtube of ice after training. Not quite the same as a cold shower but I’m sure it’s the same sort of deal. Must help.[/quote]

Talk about shrinkage… LOL

I do it after I hit the gym (for the reasons mentioned above) or if I’m showering before an important business meeting or closing. They say business is war… It’s kind of like a ritual I have before I put on my suit (armor) and go to the negotiation table (battle). It helps put me in the correct frame of mind and keeps me sharp. I completely change personalities during that time - Weird, right? LOL

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

I’m allergic.[/quote]

Are you serious? Cause this happens to me too sometimes[/quote]

You probably won’t see hives unless you have a more severe reaction, just redness/itching.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
But seriously, I’ve seen Brock Lesnar jump into a bathtube of ice after training. Not quite the same as a cold shower but I’m sure it’s the same sort of deal. Must help.[/quote]

Talk about shrinkage… LOL

I do it after I hit the gym (for the reasons mentioned above) or if I’m showering before an important business meeting or closing. They say business is war… It’s kind of like a ritual I have before I put on my suit (armor) and go to the negotiation table (battle). It helps put me in the correct frame of mind and keeps me sharp. I completely change personalities during that time - Weird, right? LOL[/quote]

I spent some time at API in Florida (athletes performance institute) a lot of athletes go there to get ready for the upcoming NFL seasons and they had us do cold dunks after each workout to help with recovery. After the first couple times its not a big deal but it does wonders on the muscles. That was the first place I learned about foam rolling too. Cool stuff

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

I’m allergic.[/quote]

Are you serious? Cause this happens to me too sometimes[/quote]

You probably won’t see hives unless you have a more severe reaction, just redness/itching.[/quote]

I think I have this except the opposite! If I get too warm and cant cool down (like a spa, hot shower or even sometimes when I workout) I get kind of blotchy red skin that is very annoying.

hmmmm…