Anyone Else Not Into Seafood?

And what do you eat to make up for the healthy fats deficit? Nuts and fish oil capsules are great, but I want meat, dammit.

Why the hell is fish so damn healthy???

Can’t empathize with you.

My life would just be dreary without crab, shrimp, lobster and fresh fish served raw. The health benefits are just gravy.

I’m allergic to shellfish. I can eat fish and I eat plenty. :slight_smile:

Experiment. I love all types of shellfish, and some nice tuna or salmon straight from the grill are great too.

My mother’s croatian, and I spend some time in Croatia every year…you’d starve if you don’t like seafood.

I’m not crazy about shellfish myself, being brought up as a “steak and eggs” kind of gal. I prefer eating warm-blooded mammals, but I’ll eat any fish that has the word “steak” after it, preferably grilled or broiled.

How about something like some grilled salmon steaks? They don’t have too much of that “fish taste” to them with some good seasoning. Cooking fish with some cajun spices works well, too.

seafood is good. meat is good. this is why surf and turf was invented.

[quote]Myllz wrote:
How about something like some grilled salmon steaks? They don’t have too much of that “fish taste” to them with some good seasoning. Cooking fish with some cajun spices works well, too.[/quote]

True, those I can deal with.

Judging by the replies though, I guess there’s no way to replace fish in your diet… :frowning: Healthy fucking fish.

Dan, you’re not alone! I get sick when I eat ANY type of seafood. I can tolerate fish oil, but just barely. Me, I just pop a couple of fish oils when my beef steak is ready and try not to think about it afterwards.

Not eating seafood around here is blasphemy.

Well, I don’t think you’re going to find any other meat with the same type of fats, but there are other things.

Like you said, nuts and the fish oil caps, but along with nuts, there’s natural peanutbutter, and other types of nut butters (never tried them though).

Also, other things like olives and some other veggies I think. Olive oil too.

I’m a peanutbutter and fish oil caps kind of guy when it comes to getting the EFA’s.

I don’t eat any seafood…except for tuna from the can. Seafood just doesn’t appeal to me.

Most people that hate seafood haven’t had it fresh. Go to the ocean and order some seafood. You’ll be hooked.

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
Most people that hate seafood haven’t had it fresh. Go to the ocean and order some seafood. You’ll be hooked. [/quote]

Exactly. Come down here and you’ll get GREAT seafood.

And Red Lobsters don’t count.

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
Most people that hate seafood haven’t had it fresh. Go to the ocean and order some seafood. You’ll be hooked. [/quote]

I agree. Fresh tuna tasted great right out of the ocean. There was tons of fish on an island we were on in the Indian Ocean (Diego Garcia).

Great tasting, even almost raw.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
And Red Lobsters don’t count.[/quote]

But I just LOVE their buttery biscuits that they serve. That still counts as seafood right?

I have lived within 10 miles of the seashore my whole life and I HATE fish. Shellfish is OK but not great.

For fats the best supplement I know is Udo’s blend oil. Peanut butter is also good. Eskimo-3 fish oil caps by Heart Health leave no fishy after taste or a paint taste like flax seed oil can leave you with.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
And Red Lobsters don’t count.

But I just LOVE their buttery biscuits that they serve. That still counts as seafood right?[/quote]

Haha, no that doesn’t count either. Nothing at a Red Lobster is fresh. It’s all frozen, then thawed and cooked. Not that great.

Shark is really good and cheap to. It does not have a fishy taste at all and has a meaty texture to it. Great grilled.