T Nation

Anyone Else Listen to Isis?

Amazing band…

Their new single for their upcoming album is the first song on their myspace. Check em out!

Yes. The new album shits all over the travesty that was Absence, but still can’t afford to suck Panopticon’s left nut.

really lovely band saw them at butlins in somerset, followed by mastodon the next day, smashing times

Yep, they’re great. I still prefer Cult of Luna though.

Go to the Death Metal Thread and post there OP

Good stuff

How can you go wrong with a name of an Egyptian god?

Ra:

[quote]Rape Weight wrote:
Yes. The new album shits all over the travesty that was Absence, but still can’t afford to suck Panopticon’s left nut.[/quote]

Wait, you heard the new album? How!?

And I dont understand why Abscence of Truth was considered such a disappointment. I really love songs such as “Garden of Light” and “Wrists of Kings.”

But you heard the new album?!

Dear Mod,

Can you add an “L” to “isten?” lol

[quote]Stone101 wrote:
Rape Weight wrote:
Yes. The new album shits all over the travesty that was Absence, but still can’t afford to suck Panopticon’s left nut.

Wait, you heard the new album? How!?

And I dont understand why Abscence of Truth was considered such a disappointment. I really love songs such as “Garden of Light” and “Wrists of Kings.”

But you heard the new album?!
[/quote]

It leaked awhile ago.

“Garden of Light” was the best song off Absence, I think what turned most people off was 1) the loss of the awesome tones 2) how they tried too hard to be Tool and 3) how they tried to be self-consciously deeeeeep when their music was intelligent already.

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
Go to the Death Metal Thread and post there OP[/quote]

I don’t think ISIS is death metal? I liked Absence, I liked the flow, didn’t realize something new is coming out awesome.

[quote]sevenmoist wrote:
detazathoth wrote:
Go to the Death Metal Thread and post there OP

I don’t think ISIS is death metal? I liked Absence, I liked the flow, didn’t realize something new is coming out awesome.

[/quote]

Yeah, it seems more sludge/prog to me.