Anyone Else Happy Pudz Didn't Win?

He is an awesome strongman, extremly athletic, strong and fast, but he seems like such an asshole to all the other competitors. He very rarely shakes hands or encourages the other guys during events. I know there are alot of his fans on these boards and alot may disagree with me but I love to see him lose.

I used to like him, but the way he acted towards Phfister in 06’ and 07’ was ridiculous, and really turned me off. I know that that all competitors have their game faces on and what have you, but humility is important in my opinion, especially for a guy that so many people look up to.

I’m happy Zydrunas won, but that’s not so much about Mariusz losing. He did cheer on Sadler during the keg deadlift, he raised zydrunas’ hand in victory after the stones and he was very encouraging to poundstone’s girlfriend, insisting that Derek would one day win WSM, it just takes time.

You hear mixed things about him all over, but you can’t take that at face value. Until you’ve met the man in person, how can you judge him based on other people’s opinions? Let alone e-pinions. I’m yet to meet a strongman in person that I didn’t like…

That said, I wasn’t predicting Mariusz to do as well as he did, actually. I was a doubter, but he proved me wrong. He did amazing in a year when he was (maybe) planning on retiring, and mind games aside, he did awesome against a stacked field.

even if you’ve met him i think it would be hard to get a handle on his character, given the language barrier, etc. He does always seem willing to pose for fan photos, beyond that, how much can you really divine about him?

to OP
just what did he do badly to Pfister?

I just think Big Z deserved one of the atlas trophies.

what was the points spread?

People said all the same things about Kaz. Guys mellow out as they get older, and not everyone is blessed with absolute humility especially when you are “the shit”. I think Pudz is awesome and if anything he really proved himself to me this year more than any other even though he didn’t win. Not that he had to prove jack shit to me or anyone.

^ good point
also that when Pudz wins , there’s no doubt left, there’s usually many points between him and 2nd place finisher ( he just dominates when he wins)
on the other hand, when he looses it’s by mere 1 point or 1/2 point

[quote]sumabeast wrote:
^ good point
also that when Pudz wins , there’s no doubt left, there’s usually many points between him and 2nd place finisher ( he just dominates when he wins)
on the other hand, when he looses it’s by mere 1 point or 1/2 point[/quote]

Well, not really. In 04 he took 3rd. And while the diff tween him and pfister going into the last event in 06 was a mere half point, the final tally had a greater spread, much like what happened tween him and poundstone in 08. So you can either say that pudz lost close in 06, but that means he didnt “leave no doubt” with Derek, or you can say that Pudz blew away the field in 08, but in that case so did pfister in 06. Cant have it both ways.

I can’t wait till Misha is back!

[quote]threewhitelights wrote:
You hear mixed things about him all over, but you can’t take that at face value. Until you’ve met the man in person, how can you judge him based on other people’s opinions? Let alone e-pinions. I’m yet to meet a strongman in person that I didn’t like…

That said, I wasn’t predicting Mariusz to do as well as he did, actually. I was a doubter, but he proved me wrong. He did amazing in a year when he was (maybe) planning on retiring, and mind games aside, he did awesome against a stacked field.[/quote]

I met him and didn’t like him. it was at the Arnold Classic in 05, not the first time I met him either. To me it seems he’s all about Marusz.

On the other hand, the other competitors were very approachable and decent. now, i was on the medical staff and was a not a PITA. I have worked out at Westside, know Louie an Dave and know when to approach these fellows.

@ KBC3rd
you may be right on that.
sucks that MetRx and WSM do such a lousy job of publicizing the events, news, and scores; makes it hard for those of us that follow strongman to keep up with details of records, points, etc.
I always thought that Pudz’ wins were near runaways far as point differential.