Anyone Else Had Problems with Rage?

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I have a feeling that you are repeatedly walked all over in your personal life. Perhaps it doesn’t quite register with you what is going on, perhaps you just feel constantly disrespected by people for reasons you aren’t able to comprehend and no one else seems to ever say anything about this societal abuse, so you chalk it up to some defective victim mentality you think you fall into.

So you don’t really feel any anger toward other people, mainly because you don’t quite understand your interactions with these people who treat you like a lower-class citizen (and they treat you this way because you LET them, not necessarily because you have done something to outright deserve their disrespect), but you know that something is wrong. But your lack of perception combined with your naturally timid nature creates this rage that you don’t even quite know exists until something that can’t hit back frustrates you.

And computers can do this to people. They’re so fucking smarmy and their attitude is so goddamned indifferent and they are so good at showing just how little they care about the major inconveniences they cause in people’s lives when they decide to take a complete shit at the most inopportune times. Where the fuck do they get off freezing up on you out of nowhere?

And they think that just because they cost a lot of money and they can’t fight back that they’re just completely immune to any sort of attack, whether it’s personal or physical. So they fucking abuse this and push the limits of decency and good taste because they (falsely) assume you won’t do anything to them.

They’re like the dumbfuck at the zoo who taunts the lion in his cage every day until one day the lion gets out, and that lion is YOU, and you tear the thing to fucking pieces just to show them a goddamned lesson, just to show them what happens when you fuck with the lion in his den, just to remind them who the REAL King of the Jungle is.

And all this time you don’t realize that this rage building up is caused by your inability to man up and challenge those around you who treat you like a castrated lemming and so you take it out on a convenient yet deserving target.[/quote]

CLiff notes like I said "Normal immature behavior to attack inanimate objects when in “The Rage”[/quote]

I don’t do cliff notes. Instead of writing down “cliff notes” at the end of a long post, you should just write “I have the attention span of a goldfish and anything beside a short, preferably monosyllabic post is beyond my capacity for understanding.”

Fuck, that came out sounding more harsh than I meant it to.[/quote]

Hahahahaha you forget your audience DB. Its like being a teacher, talk to the lowest common denominator.

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:
Get a mac?[/quote]

there you go, problem solved![/quote]

Heh heh.
Yeah, I’m still working on an old G4 Duel Processor. Never had a problem, never had a virus. But at this point it IS getting slow.
[/quote]

I have one of those in my closet, just need to clean the hard drive. Still great for basic layout, drawing and photoshop stuff. That machine lasted me through close to 6 years of freelancing and paid for itself a few times over. Getting a huge screen new Imac at work, and a bigger desk to hold it![/quote]

You will love it. I have a new 21.5" imac and a 17" i7 macbook pro. Man, I Iove my macs.

The only time I want to throw them out the window is when I have to run Word on them for work and Word starts doing what Bill Gates wants it to do and not what I want it to do and next thing you know my beautiful document is in single characters down the right side and its 20,000 pages long with 10 mins left on my deadline, or, even worse, it decides to change the page numbers through a section break after the final proof in a way that no one will discover until after the document has been filed. Then, I have to step back, take a deep breath, and remember its not my Mac’s fault, Its doing the best it can with a crap MS product and I should be the one apologizing to it for forcing such a great machine to run that crap product.

My guess is you aren’t paying for those computers.

You don’t smash something that can cost close to $1,000 when you are the one who has to replace it.

You sound like someone with too many options. I take care of my shit…because I remember not having shit.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:
Get a mac?[/quote]

Heh heh.
Yeah, I’m still working on an old G4 Duel Processor. Never had a problem, never had a virus. But at this point it IS getting slow.
[/quote]

I have one of those in my closet, just need to clean the hard drive. Still great for basic layout, drawing and photoshop stuff. That machine lasted me through close to 6 years of freelancing and paid for itself a few times over. Getting a huge screen new Imac at work, and a bigger desk to hold it![/quote]

You will love it. I have a new 21.5" imac and a 17" i7 macbook pro. Man, I Iove my macs.

The only time I want to throw them out the window is when I have to run Word on them for work and Word starts doing what Bill Gates wants it to do and not what I want it to do and next thing you know my beautiful document is in single characters down the right side and its 20,000 pages long with 10 mins left on my deadline, or, even worse, it decides to change the page numbers through a section break after the final proof in a way that no one will discover until after the document has been filed. Then, I have to step back, take a deep breath, and remember its not my Mac’s fault, Its doing the best it can with a crap MS product and I should be the one apologizing to it for forcing such a great machine to run that crap product. [/quote]

I have the 21.5 at home, I’m getting a 27", real estate FTW!
ewwww Word, LOL, never use it. All the non-designers at work have been trained in the basics of InDesign now, so there is no more microsoft pollution to deal with.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
WolBarret is a Rage Quitter. I thought that bit of info would fit nicely in this tread.[/quote]

I can vouch for this to be true.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

You don’t smash something that can cost close to $1,000 when you are the one who has to replace it.

You sound like someone with too many options. I take care of my shit…because I remember not having shit.[/quote]

Same here; I used to kick this crap out of one of the desktops I had as a kid, but I didn’t pay for it with my own money.

My dad wasn’t impressed.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:
Seeing as how I fix computers for a living, I may be the only here who fully supports your rage. Kinda wish everyone else would stop holding back. [/quote]

lol

You’ve been crackin me up lately dude[/quote]

I am disappoint. I fully expected a hate fest on your addias pants or something like that!

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

You sound like someone with too many options. I take care of my shit…because I remember not having shit.[/quote]

Same here; I used to kick this crap out of one of the desktops I had as a kid, but I didn’t pay for it with my own money.

My dad wasn’t impressed.[/quote]

Yeah, we call that “over-privileged”. When you don’t have the money to buy shit, the shit you own becomes a hell of a lot more valuable to you.

My parents wouldn’t have allowed that and I doubt anyone is killing computers over and over when they know they will have to work to earn the money for a new one.

The solution to his rage may be as simple as “get a fucking job and buy your own”.

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:
Get a mac?[/quote]

Heh heh.
[/quote]

The only time I want to throw them out the window is when I have to run Word on them for work and Word starts doing what Bill Gates wants it to do and not what I want it to do and next thing you know my beautiful document is in single characters down the right side and its 20,000 pages long with 10 mins left on my deadline, or, even worse, it decides to change the page numbers through a section break after the final proof in a way that no one will discover until after the document has been filed. Then, I have to step back, take a deep breath, and remember its not my Mac’s fault, Its doing the best it can with a crap MS product and I should be the one apologizing to it for forcing such a great machine to run that crap product. [/quote]

ewwww Word, LOL, never use it. All the non-designers at work have been trained in the basics of InDesign now, so there is no more microsoft pollution to deal with.
[/quote]

Microsoft has been cleaning up its act for the past few years - really, really well in fact. Please don’t all act like their products are still Windows 95 or Vista.

The only advantage of owning a Mac laptop is for a big battery life. Otherwise, they’re over glorified and overpriced. Hell, they didn’t even support real 3D and Autocad programs until recently - my PC has done the job perfectly well for the past 12 years with graphic and 3D design.

I’ll never understand this elitist attitude of Mac users. (Not that you all carry it).

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

Yeah, we call that “over-privileged”. When you don’t have the money to buy shit, the shit you own becomes a hell of a lot more valuable to you.

My parents wouldn’t have allowed that and I doubt anyone is killing computers over and over when they know they will have to work to earn the money for a new one.

The solution to his rage may be as simple as “get a fucking job and buy your own”.[/quote]

Haha, my dad wooped my ass and made me fix it. That turned into a hobby and I started building computers on the side to make some money and buy my own.

I treat my stuff like gold dust now.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:
Get a mac?[/quote]

Heh heh.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Microsoft has been cleaning up its act for the past few years - really, really well in fact. Please don’t all act like their products are still Windows 95 or Vista.

The only advantage of owning a Mac laptop is for a big battery life. Otherwise, they’re over glorified and overpriced. Hell, they didn’t even support real 3D and Autocad programs until recently - my PC has done the job perfectly well for the past 12 years with graphic and 3D design.

I’ll never understand this elitist attitude of Mac users. (Not that you all carry it).
[/quote]

I am willing to pay a premium because I personally think its a much better product in a lot of subtle ways. It may not be worth it to some, but it is to me, especially when I can write it all off as a business expense.

I run Win 7 on bootcamp when I have to, and I have to agree its a much better product–its a lot more mac like. I still think Word is a smelly pile of shit, but I am forced to use it because everyone else does and I have to share documents with both clients and opponents. Word will f*ck you in such devious and sophisticated ways its not even funny. Everytime I think I know all of Words little tricks, it defeats me in a totally new and unexpected way.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:
Get a mac?[/quote]

Heh heh.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am willing to pay a premium because I personally think its a much better product in a lot of subtle ways. It may not be worth it to some, but it is to me, especially when I can write it all off as a business expense.

I run Win 7 on bootcamp when I have to, and I have to agree its a much better product–its a lot more mac like. I still think Word is a smelly pile of shit, but I am forced to use it because everyone else does and I have to share documents with both clients and opponents. Word will f*ck you in such devious and sophisticated ways its not even funny. Everytime I think I know all of Words little tricks, it defeats me in a totally new and unexpected way.

[/quote]

LOL, I don’t use much of it anyway, but I don’t have that many problems with it.

But hey, it you want to pay more for a Mac because it “looks cool”, that’s your choice. They are in no other way superior to a custom built PC.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
LOL, I don’t use much of it anyway, but I don’t have that many problems with it.

But hey, it you want to pay more for a Mac because it “looks cool”, that’s your choice. They are in no other way superior to a custom built PC.
[/quote]

Pic related.

But I suppose apple products do have good design as far as prettiness goes.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I have a feeling that you are repeatedly walked all over in your personal life. Perhaps it doesn’t quite register with you what is going on, perhaps you just feel constantly disrespected by people for reasons you aren’t able to comprehend and no one else seems to ever say anything about this societal abuse, so you chalk it up to some defective victim mentality you think you fall into.

So you don’t really feel any anger toward other people, mainly because you don’t quite understand your interactions with these people who treat you like a lower-class citizen (and they treat you this way because you LET them, not necessarily because you have done something to outright deserve their disrespect), but you know that something is wrong. But your lack of perception combined with your naturally timid nature creates this rage that you don’t even quite know exists until something that can’t hit back frustrates you.

And computers can do this to people. They’re so fucking smarmy and their attitude is so goddamned indifferent and they are so good at showing just how little they care about the major inconveniences they cause in people’s lives when they decide to take a complete shit at the most inopportune times. Where the fuck do they get off freezing up on you out of nowhere?

And they think that just because they cost a lot of money and they can’t fight back that they’re just completely immune to any sort of attack, whether it’s personal or physical. So they fucking abuse this and push the limits of decency and good taste because they (falsely) assume you won’t do anything to them.

They’re like the dumbfuck at the zoo who taunts the lion in his cage every day until one day the lion gets out, and that lion is YOU, and you tear the thing to fucking pieces just to show them a goddamned lesson, just to show them what happens when you fuck with the lion in his den, just to remind them who the REAL King of the Jungle is.

And all this time you don’t realize that this rage building up is caused by your inability to man up and challenge those around you who treat you like a castrated lemming and so you take it out on a convenient yet deserving target.[/quote]

CLiff notes like I said "Normal immature behavior to attack inanimate objects when in “The Rage”[/quote]

I don’t do cliff notes. Instead of writing down “cliff notes” at the end of a long post, you should just write “I have the attention span of a goldfish and anything beside a short, preferably monosyllabic post is beyond my capacity for understanding.”

Hahahahaha you forget your audience DB. Its like being a teacher, talk to the lowest common denominator. [/quote]

Why the fuck should I dumb myself down to placate the lowest common denominator? Fuck the lowest common denominator; I could care less what they think about anything I write or say on here. Their opinions and/or their inabilities to comprehend posts that are longer than a few sentences means nothing to me. Didn’t you read TC’s article last week?

I just never thought you would be the one to ask for cliff notes from me. I thought I knew you…

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Hahahahaha you forget your audience DB. Its like being a teacher, talk to the lowest common denominator. [/quote]

Why the fuck should I dumb myself down to placate the lowest common denominator? Fuck the lowest common denominator; I could care less what they think about anything I write or say on here. Their opinions and/or their inabilities to comprehend posts that are longer than a few sentences means nothing to me. Didn’t you read TC’s article last week?

I just never thought you would be the one to ask for cliff notes from me. I thought I knew you…[/quote]

Hahahahaha, knuckle bump.

It is probably due to the fact I have 5 teenagers and the inability of our youth of today to carry on a intellegent conversion past 1 minute has made me forget my place. I bow to you oh typer of long winded speeches and nutt squasher of naked box squating. Please disable this youth for his violent and immature aggression to his Daddy’s computers.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

I just never thought you would be the one to ask for cliff notes from me. I thought I knew you…[/quote]

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

I treat my stuff like gold dust now.[/quote]

Snort them off of a strippers ass?

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

The solution to his rage may be as simple as “get a fucking job and buy your own”.[/quote]

Or a Good Ass Whoopin. My parents never lost sight of them on me when I messed up.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Hemingway or HST would have used 1/3 the words. Your job is to make it easy on the reader.

Okay DJHT, I’ll cut you some slack. Five teenagers is five too many to have under the roof at one time. Shit, I wouldn’t blame you if resorted to nothing other than “Lol”, “omg” and “FTW” or emoticons as your sole method of conveying emotions.

But Debra! Why must you torment me so? I thought we had something special, despite your Canadian citizenship. I’m :frowning: