Anyone Else Get Depressed?

I do get depressed if I don’t train, and with my current women-less situation I would probably take up drinking or professional masturbation. I don’t know where’d be without my precious training. My precious…

[quote]bulldogtor wrote:
thanks for this thread, i am going through that right now.

i think a lot of us are addicted to the endorphins and other chemicals that are released during our training

no training = no endorphins = sad people

we’re like junkies[/quote]

That’s no fucking joke, GYM = DRUGS.

[quote]pachell wrote:
bulldogtor wrote:
thanks for this thread, i am going through that right now.

i think a lot of us are addicted to the endorphins and other chemicals that are released during our training

no training = no endorphins = sad people

we’re like junkies

That’s no fucking joke, GYM = DRUGS.[/quote]

da… which way did he go George, which way did he go?

I get depressed if I take more than a couple days off, unless i am real busy with work

Well being forced to stop doing something that you do habitually due to things beyond your control will always make you feel blue for a while.

But as was mentioned above the gym is more than just a habit, because there are long-term goals and physical pleasure (visual progress/endorphins/adrenaline) attached to it.

Hell yes I feel depressed if I can’t go to the gym for long periods of time.

I get depressed when i am at the end of my workout and i still have to do the good mornings =(

haha

I have been swamped with studying for midterms for the last 3 weeks now and have been very inconsistant with lifting, it sucks, not really depressing but just makes me feel crappy.

Only 5 more tests and then back to it thankfully.

I get more pissed off then depressed. Its not like I’m mopping around when I miss some days, I’m just a little more irritable. Shit happens though and I don’t take it that seriously. I look forward to those days after I missed a few since I’m more fired up.

[quote]shizen wrote:
I get more pissed off then depressed. Its not like I’m mopping around when I miss some days, I’m just a little more irritable. Shit happens though and I don’t take it that seriously. I look forward to those days after I missed a few since I’m more fired up. [/quote]

well i feel depressed for the first couple of days, after that I get severely bitchy and people tell me off a lot. And it is true, I usually am more fired up and rested after a couple of off days.

and did anyone else notice that the new article has to do with depression during injuries and workout around it?