Anyone Eat Only 2 Meals A Day?

So I was thinking I’m not eating enough calories. My weight has come down 3lbs. I weigh 167 now.

I decided for the wedding I want to get bigger. Keep my stomach flatish, but I need to bulk. My fiancé agrees with this lol.

I have 20 weeks until the wedding. Would it be reasonable for me to gain 1lb a week? How much weight should I be gaining so I don’t gain an unreasonably amount of fat? I figure doing conditioning will keep my fat in check. I figure I would want to get to 185 first and kinda go from there. But that would be the first goal.

Should I eat 3k calories a day?? Any help would be appreciated. I would be clean bulking as well. I’m 5’7 30 years old

“Would it be reasonable for me to gain 1lb a week?”

Absolutely not.

I am not a believer in eating every 2 to 3 hours. It might be good for building a larger physique (it might not). But it is my experience that is not the best way to eat for good health.

I like fasting and intermittent fasting as it allows the body to burn fat as its primary source of energy as opposed to sugar. It also boosts the immune system, improves insulin sensitivity and promotes longevity.

Here’s what I do:

I do a once a week 24 hour fast, usually every Monday. I will eat around 7:00 on Sunday and then not eat again until 7:00 on Monday. This is a non workout day so I don’t need the extra calories. Then an additional two times per week I will do an intermittent fast. I will eat breakfast around 7AM then skip lunch and eat a late dinner around 7PM. That gives me 12 full hours without food. The other four days per week I will usually eat four times during the day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack an hour or two before bed. I get plenty of protein as well as carbs and fat.

When I first began this routine I was worried that I was not getting enough protein and that my numbers would drop in the gym. But the only thing that dropped is my body fat. All of my lifting numbers either stabilized or grew. I also seemed to have more energy for my workouts as well as at work.

Please approach this method cautiously. If you have never gone 24 hours without eating before start out with an intermittent fast of 12 hours. In other words eat an early breakfast and then skip lunch. Do this a couple of times before you jump into the full 24 hour fast.

Incidentally, since doing this all of my lab numbers have improved: Cholesterol, C-Reactive Protein, Glucose, my T levels are even higher. Not by a huge number but nonetheless at my age I will take anything that I can get.

Good Luck to all who try it,

Zeb

2 Likes