T Nation

Anyone Eat Chicken?

Do you guys, like, eat chicken?

I eat a lot of chicken, but try to vary it so I dont get any food allergies. THAT would surely hinder my gains. I usually go for fresh chicken, but also eat frozen, fried, battered, chicken soup, chicken and rice, arroz con pollo, breaded chicken, free range, sometimes I even eat chicken upside down so it tastes different.

Anyone with me?

Chicken lovers unite.

I guess I’m the only one.

Does anyone like shrimp? Shrimp gumbo, shrimp cocktail, shrimp salad, fried shrimp, grilled shrimp…

I eat it practically every day, 89cents a pound how can I not. It gets pretty redundant though, but still tastes great. I love the many different types of asian chicken recipes, teryaki chicken, orange chicken, sweet and sour chicken mmm asian buffets are the best.

I try to eat chicken but my roommate’s brother’s uncle’s cousin’s sister keeps stealing it, but I can’t prove it. I need a way to prove it. I can’t hide it from her 'cuz we all have to use the same fridge and I have like 15 packs of it in the fridge.

Aw, Fuck it. I’m swearing off of chicken for like 5 years so I can really ramp up the ol’ aggression in the kitchen. I’m gonna be BAMMIN’!

This may sound really retarded to some, but that’s my middle name.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I guess I’m the only one.

Does anyone like shrimp? Shrimp gumbo, shrimp cocktail, shrimp salad, fried shrimp, grilled shrimp…[/quote]

Shrimp is the fruit of the sea.

You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it.

Dey’s uh… shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried.
There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp and grits, shrimp burger, shrimp sammich.

That- that’s about it.

I do. Cutting at the moment so it tastes pretty bland and I am getting sick of it!

I like fried chicken so much.

I eat chicken 2 to 3 times a day.

Satay Chicken Cajun Chicken, Chilli-ed Chicken, Lemon & DIll Chicken, BBQ Chicken…

at around 50 g protein for 250 grams how can you ignore chicken (plus its cheap and lean).

My name is Michael and I like chicken.

Usually with curry, chilli, Tandoori style or just plain with some olive oil.

I, RSG, eat about 2 chickens a week.

I love chicken, it’s my No.1 meat.

I eat about 7 to 8 medium whole chickens a week. It never get’s old as long as you know enough recipes lol.

Cluck, cluck.

[quote]Rykker wrote:
I try to eat chicken but my roommate’s brother’s uncle’s cousin’s sister keeps stealing it, but I can’t prove it. I need a way to prove it. I can’t hide it from her 'cuz we all have to use the same fridge and I have like 15 packs of it in the fridge.

Aw, Fuck it. I’m swearing off of chicken for like 5 years so I can really ramp up the ol’ aggression in the kitchen. I’m gonna be BAMMIN’!

This may sound really retarded to some, but that’s my middle name.[/quote]

BAMMIN’…that’s a helluva middle name!

I do sometimes wonder how many millions of chickens get eaten everyday in the world, and how do we keep up with demand, lets say its 100 million chickens get eaten everyday worldwide, that means over 100 million chickens have to be born everyday, there must be some real tired ass roosters out there

How do you get chicken at 89 cents/pound?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
How do you get chicken at 89 cents/pound?[/quote]

Beats me, I only buy the freerange stuff which costs me about $15/kg.

I just had a chicken boob and am going to have another around 3p. I hate it but at least it’s not tuna.

BUBBBA!!!

[quote]Rykker wrote:

That- that’s about it.[/quote]

I eat droves of chicken as well. Not a fan of plain, however, so I use a spice made by Emeril himself. It must be made by him, because his signature is printed on the front of the container. Those little 60 cent packets of spices are nice too; I can usually season about 2-3 lbs of chicken with one of those.

[quote]Epimetheus wrote:
I eat droves of chicken as well. Not a fan of plain, however, so I use a spice made by Emeril himself. It must be made by him, because his signature is printed on the front of the container. [/quote]

Yes. The “Essence.”
But I think it’s better if you make it yourself, rather than the pre-packaged store-bought version.
There is a difference in flavor.

Emeril’s Essence
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme

Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.

I use this stuff on just about everything.