Anyone Drink Coconut Water?

Everyday I go through about 32oz of coconut water. I’ve worked out with and without, I can honestly say it makes a big difference in my performance. Has anyone else tried hydrating with coconut water pre/peri/post workout?

When I went vegan a few years ago, I drank coconut water during my training and had a protein shake right after. Once in a while, I’ll pick some up at 7-11, just for a change of pace during the day.

Coconut water has a good bit of electrolytes and some simple sugars, so it’s not a bad option. I’ve heard it called “nature’s Gatorade”, but ideally, you want to have some protein while training too.

Ya I usually have a preshake, 30g of fast whey and 10 - 15g casein

Used to drink a lot of that stuff. I lived in thailand for 2 years and would go buy them fresh off the trees. Loved that stuff.

don’t care for it, and calorically not worth the cost IMO

I’ve never had coconut water fresh, just from those flimsy little containers.
I think they taste a bit like the last of the milk at the bottom of a bowl of cereal.

I think the stuff tastes good and it probably has beneficial electrolytes, but I just can’t justify paying for it…it is just too expensive for what you get IMO.

A good juice is less expensive and probably delivers more nutrients.

I started a thread like this a few weeks ago. I drink coconut water aswell, especially after my hot yoga sessions and longer bike rides. Expensive stuff, but it tastes so good. Apparently it has “kinetin” in it, which helps your skin look younger. Im not sure if I beleive that one.

tweet

it tastes like ball sweat would hypothetically taste

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
don’t care for it, and calorically not worth the cost IMO[/quote]

+1 and the fact Consumer labs smashed the company for containing roughly 50 %(something like that) of it’s actual contents.

[quote]Fulford wrote:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
don’t care for it, and calorically not worth the cost IMO[/quote]

+1 and the fact Consumer labs smashed the company for containing roughly 50 %(something like that) of it’s actual contents.
[/quote]

didn’t realize they tested stuff other than supplements