Anyone Doing the Oak Leg Blast?

Hello everyone

I’m new to this forum and would appreciate your comments/views.

Although I’ve worked out for a number of years I’ve struggled to stimulate any significant quad growth. I’ve tried many techniques which do not have the desired results. Squatting heavy (relative to my size) for me has added strength but not mass. Anyway I noticed a few weeks ago the Hungarian Oak Leg Blast and started it 2 & 1/2 weeks ago.

I’m now up to the 3mins 20sec and I am determined to see the programme thru to the end.

Has anyone else tried this and did you get the results you hoped for?

Thanks

Read/talk to Fourth Year student (My Senior Year) and Need for Speed threads.

[quote]Hi-voltage44 wrote:
Hello everyone

Although I’ve worked out for a number of years I’ve struggled to stimulate any significant quad growth. I’ve tried many techniques which do not have the desired results. Squatting heavy (relative to my size) for me has added strength but not mass. Anyway I noticed a few weeks ago the Hungarian Oak Leg Blast and started it 2 & 1/2 weeks ago.

I’m now up to the 3mins 20sec and I am determined to see the programme thru to the end.

Thanks[/quote]

I have the same delema with my legs. I can move some serious weight without gaining mass. I have just started the oak leg blast and will see it through. My first, and only workout with it, was satisfying. I felt a major pump for only two minutes with a seventy pound bar for 55 reps. I will keep checking to see your results. Stay strong Bro.

[quote]Hi-voltage44 wrote:
Hello everyone

Thanks[/quote]

I, too, was intrigued by the workout and decided to give it a shot. However, since I workout by myself in my garage, I opted for legpress instead of squats. I have an old school legpress machine (circa 1976) that is 100% vertical. Also, I started out at 3 minutes and add 10 seconds each leg wo. My goal is six minutes and I may continue after that.

I am up to four minutes currently and I think I am seeing some increase in size (albeit slight). I look forward to hearing your results as well as others who are doing the program.

[quote]Undone wrote:

I, too, was intrigued by the workout and decided to give it a shot. However, since I workout by myself in my garage, I opted for legpress instead of squats. I have an old school legpress machine (circa 1976) that is 100% vertical. Also, I started out at 3 minutes and add 10 seconds each leg wo. My goal is six minutes and I may continue after that.

I am up to four minutes currently and I think I am seeing some increase in size (albeit slight). I look forward to hearing your results as well as others who are doing the program.

[/quote]

OK - I’m up to 3mins 40secs yesterday, I’m only using a total weight of 100lbsbut even so it’s fairly tough. As soon as I finished the squats I hit the leg extension for 2 sets of 30 reps (these really killed and I struggled to finish) as suggested & finished with the leg curls for 3 sets of 8 reps at 120lbs (resting for 10secs after the 8th rep and then repped to failure.

I’ll be repeating on Friday but upping to 4mins for the squats.

Friday will be my 7th session following this routine

Cheers

Try doing 20 rep breathing squats and drink at least a gallon of milk every day and I bet you’ll gain size on your legs. Start at a weight you can easily do for 10 reps but do 20. Do this 3 times a week and add 5 pounds to the bar each lift day to gain size and strength. Of course if you want to gain size in your legs expect to gain weight. If you really want the master plan buy the book Super Squats, How to gain 20 pounds in 6 weeks. I did it and it works. I added inches to my legs and gained strength too.