Anyone Do Kina Mutai Here?

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
conorh wrote:
Damn, that’s some messed up junk. I think that might backfire. I mean, if some asshole bit me I’d probably flip out and beat him to death just on principal.

Which is why you can’t just rely on biting. You’ve got to learn how to properly strike, grapple, utilize weapons, etc… basically learn to become proficient in every arsenal if you want to maximize your chances of survival/winning.

If someone who was far superior to you in terms of positioning and conditioning bit you, yeah you might flip out, but you’d only wind up burning yourself out from your wasted energy. You’ve also gotta realize the psychological and physiological effects that a bite can have.

For instance, if someone with a strong grip locked a pair of pliers onto your ear, nipple, nose etc… yeah, you might get pissed, but your body will instinctively react to the pain that you feel by complying.

This instinctive/unconscious compliance is why things like eye attacks, nerve attacks, body handles and biting are so effective. If I put my thumb into your carotid artery, you can try as hard as you want to resist allowing me to push you backwards, but you won’t be able to. Same thing with a bite.

If I bite onto your ear, you’re not going to be able to resist me using it to drag you to the ground, no matter how pissed you get.[/quote]

I don’t think my sarcasm came through on that post Sento :wink:

In all seriousness though, I wonder if someone had the edge on me in positioning and conditioning why they wouldn’t just choose to put on a submission or break, lateral vascular restraint or knockout. On the other hand, I also see the merit in developing a myriad of tools to handle innumerable possible circumstances.

[quote]conorh wrote:
I don’t think my sarcasm came through on that post Sento :wink:
[/quote]

Haha, well maybe my sarcasm detector was just malfunctioning. :wink:

Well, who says that they wouldn’t. You are thinking about bites from a one dimensional viewpoint. Like I said before, there’s lot of uses for bites.

Let’s say that your opponent had you in side control and was controlling your wrist (his arm under your head grabbing hold of your wrist), but you were keeping your arm pinned to the ground to prevent him from being able to reach his other hand under your arm and apply an Americana (and let’s say that you were on pavement, so he didn’t want to try to force/scrape his hand under your arm).

Now, from here, he could of course switch to a different lock, or use a strike to weaken/distract you. Or, he could simply bite you on your side, which would cause you to instinctively try to protect that part of your body by bringing your elbow in close to your body.

Viola, he’s now got the opening to be able to slip his other hand under your arm and apply the lock. This is just one very simple application of a bite and how it can be used as a set-up for a lock/break.