Anyone Competing at USAPL Raw Nationals?

Hey guys, are anyone of you competing at raw nats this year and if so, anyone in the 165lbs weight category. I feel like this is gonna be the highest quality powerlifting meet in the US because of the IPF world classic and arnold classic qualification implications.

If you are right your weight/age class and your best in the 3 lifts so you can see who your up against if enough people join in on this forum

write**** you’re******

Some day . . . . some day I will.

I am competing in the July 7th georgia games which will qualify me for the USAPL raw natty. Unless I really fuck up at that meet by not hitting what I train with, I will be there in the 148 lb weight class

Oh man I was going to say that nobody cares about typos, but that did make me sound like a hick. lmao sorry about that, write and you’re is what i meant haha. I multitasked unsuccessfully while writing that post.

[quote]Efeguwewe wrote:
I am competing in the July 7th georgia games which will qualify me for the USAPL raw natty. Unless I really fuck up at that meet by not hitting what I train with, I will be there in the 148 lb weight class[/quote]

Did you know all you need to do to qualify is just compete? It doesnt matter what numbers you hit, there is no qualifying mark. Last year I accidentally thought that the qualifying marks for nationals (geared) were the marks for raw natties. So actually all you need to do is compete in a usapl meet within this past meet and you are automatically qualified.

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
Some day . . . . some day I will.[/quote]

Why not this year, as I said in my response to the other fellow lifter, there is no qualifying mark (which i do find a bit odd). Just lift at a meet and then come to natties and see how you stack up among the best!

[quote]@JC_Tree_Trunks wrote:

[quote]Efeguwewe wrote:
I am competing in the July 7th georgia games which will qualify me for the USAPL raw natty. Unless I really fuck up at that meet by not hitting what I train with, I will be there in the 148 lb weight class[/quote]

Did you know all you need to do to qualify is just compete? It doesnt matter what numbers you hit, there is no qualifying mark. Last year I accidentally thought that the qualifying marks for nationals (geared) were the marks for raw natties. So actually all you need to do is compete in a usapl meet within this past meet and you are automatically qualified.[/quote]

Ah I guess my whole goal is the Arnold which is I believe a 390 Wilks total so I’m just in the mindset of not getting anything beneath that

[quote]Efeguwewe wrote:

[quote]Efeguwewe wrote:

Did you know all you need to do to qualify is just compete? It doesnt matter what numbers you hit, there is no qualifying mark. Last year I accidentally thought that the qualifying marks for nationals (geared) were the marks for raw natties. So actually all you need to do is compete in a usapl meet within this past meet and you are automatically qualified.[/quote]

Ah I guess my whole goal is the Arnold which is I believe a 390 Wilks total so I’m just in the mindset of not getting anything beneath that
[/quote]

Where are you at right now with your lifts and bw? I dont know what exactly was the cut off but I remember I qualified for the Arnold last year and just checked what my wilks was and it was only 387. I think you should consider it because the experience is great, especially talking and seeing some lifters that are the best of the best. Its great motivation and a chance to learn from them as they are almost all really nice/helpful. But I do see your point as I would not do a powerlifting meet until I felt like I was going to have an impressive showing.

Oh man I was going to say that nobody cares about typos, but that did make me sound like a hick. lmao sorry about that, write and you’re is what i meant haha. I multitasked unsuccessfully while writing that post.[/quote]

just bustin yo balls

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:

Oh man I was going to say that nobody cares about typos, but that did make me sound like a hick. lmao sorry about that, write and you’re is what i meant haha. I multitasked unsuccessfully while writing that post.[/quote]

just bustin yo balls[/quote]

haha yeah i know but at first I was gonna comeback with something witty, but the i reread my post and was thinking “Goddamn it sounds like Forest Gump just wrote that”.

But anyway, are you competing at nats?

I’m good for a 400 Wilks total right now if things go like I hope they should. Maybe I should check into the Arnold next year. But I just feel like I would get my butt handed to me on a platter lol. That would be amazing, though.

I do not think so. My first meet ever is suppose to be july 28. I do not think im ready for a big meet like that. Technically my squat and total are higher than the USAPL raw juniors national records for my weight but I am thinking I will be very nervous my first meet.

I just want to have fun at my july meet and then plan on doing one around october to take more seriously

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
I do not think so. My first meet ever is suppose to be july 28. I do not think im ready for a big meet like that. Technically my squat and total are higher than the USAPL raw juniors national records for my weight but I am thinking I will be very nervous my first meet.

I just want to have fun at my july meet and then plan on doing one around october to take more seriously[/quote]

Wow I really think you should do it man. Because last year I did it as my second meet ever just like how you would. I havent even done a 3rd meet since then. If you are able to set some records like that you should just give it a go, I would think then you could win your age/weight class and get a nice medal. Its actually the perfect atmosphere, because there are great lifters there, but its still pretty chill and low key, nothing to be anxious at all about. Its perfect because its a setting where you get really pumped up adrenaline wise, but not too much to where you just wanna shit yourself haha. Really i think you would love it, especially coming onto the scene like that, its a great feeling. Because all of a sudden you go from lifting by yourself thinking your ok to some people talkin about you and genuinely admiring what you can do. Honestly it was one of the most fun experiences of my life, and I think much of that was due to me just comin in and goin for it. You have nothing to lose, just do what you know you can do, and you can have some fun with it. Its really fun too going into deadlift if you are close to someone’s numbers in your weight class. I got 2nd in the teen 165 division and lost by 2.5lbs, the whole competition was just so much fun

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
I’m good for a 400 Wilks total right now if things go like I hope they should. Maybe I should check into the Arnold next year. But I just feel like I would get my butt handed to me on a platter lol. That would be amazing, though.[/quote]

If you really are already lookin at a 400 wilks total you need to be in it! Man its crazy both you guys here are crazy strong. And you would actually do really well, honestly there are a couple totally crappy people in each class if its like it was last year. So there will be a guy lifting 400lbs less than you for a total in your class most likely, and actually a 400 wilks would put you in position to do some serious damage, depending on your class you could have a really good chance at winning your division, seriously. That is elite as hell to put up a 400 wilks, I mean its almost damaging to powerlifting if a guy your stength doesnt compete. I only had a 387 wilks last year and people were really impressed. You lift with the people in your weigh class only too, so its not like you are gonna lift, and then they will bring in some superheavyweight squattin high 7s lol. Trust me, you’ll kill it!

And like i said, the literally worst thing that could happen would be that you get a great learning experience and become a better lifter from it. But when it comes down to it, its not even like that. Powerlifting is the simplest sport there is, you clearly are one of the strongest guys out there for your weight class. So all you gotta do, is be strong and people will be all impressed

[quote]Efeguwewe wrote:

[quote]Efeguwewe wrote:

[/quote]

Where are you at right now with your lifts and bw? I dont know what exactly was the cut off but I remember I qualified for the Arnold last year and just checked what my wilks was and it was only 387. I think you should consider it because the experience is great, especially talking and seeing some lifters that are the best of the best. Its great motivation and a chance to learn from them as they are almost all really nice/helpful. But I do see your point as I would not do a powerlifting meet until I felt like I was going to have an impressive showing.[/quote]

this morning I weighed in at 151.8. My best gym lifts are a 325 bench, 515 deadlift and a 405 squat. I’m consistently hitting above 400 in Wilks every week I lift so I’m not really worried. Right now its just a matter of getting time off from summer classes and work. But i def. agree with you on the experience, if it’s anything like the Night of the Living Dead you lift with the best lifters in the sport and learn so much from them

I wish

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I wish[/quote]

why arent you?

I’ll be there as either a 198er or 220er